Which electronics would you choose for Sasha DAW with the given budget?

Which electronics would you choose for Sasha DAW with the given budget?

• CH Precision M1.1 + LampizatOr GG3 DAC with VC + Lumin U2/Aurender N200

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • CH Precision M1.1 + LampizatOr Pacific DAC with VC + current streamer

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Vitus Audio SIA-030 Integrated Amp + LampizatOr Pacific without VC + Lumin U2/Aurender N200

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Gryphon Essence amp and preamp + LampizatOr Pacific without VC + Lumin U2/Aurender N200

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Others - please specify in the thread

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
CH C1.2 Streaming is built in, includes analog VC too. Stream via Ethernet and is also Roon ready
CH A1.5 or M1.1

Using an android tablet and the CH app you can "roll" different presentations from the sweet spot such as digital filters on the DAC and feedback and gain on the amplifiers.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
The Sasha DAW impedance dips to 2 ohms at 100 Hz. Trying to drive that with a CH 1.1 is a fools errand as far as I am concerned. I tried to drive my Alexx V with CH M10s and without maximum feedback, it was a disaster. If you like the sound of the CH using max feedback, fine, but you really should listen to that combo before purchase.

My experience with CH and Wilson Alexx V is here (post 192 and earlier from post 139)

I made a 100K mistake and ultimately returned the CH M10's (and bought Gryphon Mephistos). I hope you don't make a similar purchase that you will regret. Then again, if you like to use maximum feedback for bass control (at the expense of midrange and top end openness) that's always an option for the M1.1/Sasha DAW although it was not one I wished to pursue in my CH/Wilson set-up.

If it were me, I'd buy a pair of Parasound JC1+ monoblocs and a Taiko Audio Extreme. It's a far better use of your resources for getting better sound.

Last edited:

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville

JA came up with 2.48 Ohms at 85 Hz as the low impedance. 4 Ohms nominal. Some report the 8 ohm taps give better bass than the 4 ohm taps. 25 Wpc is the minimum recommended power.

I’ve driven my Sasha DAWs with both the ARC Ref 75SE and a pair of Ref 250 SEs. I like them both, but the 250s do have better grip.

Last edited:

Blackfield2023

Feb 10, 2023
The Sasha DAW impedance dips to 2 ohms at 100 Hz. Trying to drive that with a CH 1.1 is a fools errand as far as I am concerned. I tried to drive my Alexx V with CH M10s and without maximum feedback, it was a disaster. If you like the sound of the CH using max feedback, fine, but you really should listen to that combo before purchase.

My experience with CH and Wilson Alexx V is here (post 192 and earlier from post 139)

I made a 100K mistake and ultimately returned the CH M10's (and bought Gryphon Mephistos). I hope you don't make a similar purchase that you will regret. Then again, if you like to use maximum feedback for bass control (at the expense of midrange and top end openness) that's always an option for the M1.1/Sasha DAW although it was not one I wished to pursue in my CH/Wilson set-up.

If it were me, I'd buy a pair of Parasound JC1+ monoblocs and a Taiko Audio Extreme. It's a far better use of your resources for getting better sound.
Hi marty,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I am surprised to learn that CH M10 stereo rated 900W at 2ohm is having problem that you described. CH M1.1 stereo is rated 600W at 2ohms.

I am actually started to warm up with the idea of Gryphon Essence pre-amp and amp.
Reading many people's experience with it with different speakers that have similar or even lower sensitivity and impedance dips, it seems Gryphon Essence (50W 8ohms, 100W 4ohms) should not have any issue driving Sasha DAW in my small room.

Another interesting alternative is Gryphon Diablo 333 that recently announced. I know I mentioned I prefer separate, but a very good integrated is still in the back of my mind as I listed Vitus SIA-300 in the original post.

Last edited:

Blackfield2023

Feb 10, 2023
Update from the OP here.

I placed an order for Lampizator Pacific 2 a while ago and it arrived two weeks ago.

Prior to it, I had been listening with the built in DAC on McIntosh MA120000 (integrated) for almost two years.

When I listened to Pacific 2 the first time, I had sensory overload as my brain and ears were trying to make sense on what I was hearing.
IMG_1809.jpg

I was overwhelmed as while I expected for the Pacific to outperforms my previous DAC, I still did not expect for the difference to be this big.

As cliché as it sounds, listening to many of my favorite albums are new experience all over again.

The difference is much more observable on a very well recorded albums such as Random Access Memories (Daft Punk) or Hand. Cannot. Erase (Steven Wilson), I hear much wider soundstage, heard many details that I did not hear before,
deeper bass, better imaging and placement, the list goes on and on.

You see, I do not have a lot of experience in comparing different DACs, especially one at this price range.

It was a leap of faith for me as I never auditioned Lampizator before, just read and heard its reputations from forums.

In my short journey, each of my upgrade results in very audible improvements in sound quality that I feel privilege and fortunate.

Speakers: Kef LS50 -> Wilson Audio SabrinaX -> Wilson Sasha DAW
Amps: NAD -> McIntosh MA120000
Now DAC: McIntosh built in -> Lampizator Pacific 2

In the coming years, my plan is to upgrade:
1. Amplifier. Will connect Pacific 2 (it has VC) directly to an amp.
2. Music server. Currently, I have Sonore OpticalRendu as streamer and a PC running Roon Core.

My concern is whether I am getting close to the diminishing return on these two components and be able to tell big difference to justify the investment. I am no rush and will enjoy my current system for now.

Reactions: ScottK and Lee

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
1. Amplifier.

Why wait? Let's spend your money now! :D

I vote for high power (250 watts and up) tube monos: ARC, VAC, VTL or Zesto!

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Relatively low cost, over performer. Constellation Taurus Monos. Often overshadowed by its big brothers, the Taurus amps easily drive anything, have their big brothers grip and have a taste of CH's dimensionality. I recommend open sounding cables as opposed to "warm" or rolled off ones.

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019
Update from the OP here.

I placed an order for Lampizator Pacific 2 a while ago and it arrived two weeks ago.

Prior to it, I had been listening with the built in DAC on McIntosh MA120000 (integrated) for almost two years.

When I listened to Pacific 2 the first time, I had sensory overload as my brain and ears were trying to make sense on what I was hearing.
View attachment 115294

I was overwhelmed as while I expected for the Pacific to outperforms my previous DAC, I still did not expect for the difference to be this big.

As cliché as it sounds, listening to many of my favorite albums are new experience all over again.

The difference is much more observable on a very well recorded albums such as Random Access Memories (Daft Punk) or Hand. Cannot. Erase (Steven Wilson), I hear much wider soundstage, heard many details that I did not hear before,
deeper bass, better imaging and placement, the list goes on and on.

You see, I do not have a lot of experience in comparing different DACs, especially one at this price range.

It was a leap of faith for me as I never auditioned Lampizator before, just read and heard its reputations from forums.

In my short journey, each of my upgrade results in very audible improvements in sound quality that I feel privilege and fortunate.

Speakers: Kef LS50 -> Wilson Audio SabrinaX -> Wilson Sasha DAW
Amps: NAD -> McIntosh MA120000
Now DAC: McIntosh built in -> Lampizator Pacific 2

1. Amplifier. Will connect Pacific 2 (it has VC) directly to an amp.
2. Music server. Currently, I have Sonore OpticalRendu as streamer and a PC running Roon Core.

My concern is whether I am getting close to the diminishing return on these two components and be able to tell big difference to justify the investment. I am no rush and will enjoy my current system for now.
Congratulations on putting together such a fine system. I'm intimately familair with all Lampi DACs (distro for N.A). You chose wisely, the Pacific 2 is sublime. I can certainly help you with tube rolling as well, when ready.

I currently run an Horizon into Westminster Labs REI monoblocks. (dealer for both brands) They're class A but are designed to run cool, so best of both worlds in that regard. They have a small form factory (16kg per mono which I love) but sound anything but. They double down from 100 into 8ohms to 200 into 4ohms, and 400 into 2ohms.

The synergy i'm getting is incredible. They grip the music, produce state of the art bass and dynamics like solid state is known for. But they have the tonality and 3-d presentation that i've only found in tube amps. They do an incredible balancing act of never sounding etched, nor smoothed over either.

We have stellar feedback pairing them with Wilsons (on WBF) among other noteable brands. I'm confident you'll love the Westminsters as much as we do. Feel free to reach out, so I can facilliate an in home demo for you. Hearing is believing :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing