Which is the best DAC? How many votes for Boulder 2120 DAC?

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I’ve heard it said the Boulder 2120 latest DAC is better than CH Precision MSB and so on. DACS are personal taste and budget. Tech is rapidly advancing. R2R vs FPGA.
Are there any owners of this Boulder DAC who can share their experiences?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Not a Boulder DSC owner but agree with you. DACs ARE personal on taste and on budget. We never answer the 'best DAC' question. Lol. All manufacturers like to think they make the 'best DAC' but in actuality 'best' means something different to everyone. Me - I prefer a warmer sound, more tube-like to a more clinical sound. This colours what gear I like. Same for everyone.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
My personal best is still Totaldac d1-Twelve mkll after having heard CH C1, DCS Vivaldi, MSB Select, Lampi pacific and EmmLab DA2.
I haven't heard Wadax top of the line yet.
Again all DACs are great but we all have our favorite one.

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
My personal best is still Totaldac d1-Twelve mkll after having heard CH C1, DCS Vivaldi, MSB Select, Lampi pacific and EmmLab DA2.
I haven't heard Wadax top of the line yet.
Again all DACs are great but we all have our favorite one.

There’s a lot of support for TotalDAC...

PR13

Dec 15, 2019
UK
Like others have said, each to their own and it's personal taste. I've listened to the Boulder, amongst others and it didn't sit with me. The CH Precision C1 is still the best DAC I've heard.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Like others have said, each to their own and it's personal taste. I've listened to the Boulder, amongst others and it didn't sit with me. The CH Precision C1 is still the best DAC I've heard.
Did you try the CH Precision C1 with CH Precision L1 - ATC SCM50 ASLT - HRS VXR/M3X2? Did you have a chance to give it a try in a different setting?

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
Boulder 2120 DAC “is still on the Boulder website but has been discontinued” per my recent conversation with a Boulder dealer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing