You're being interviewed by the news from home. What's your backdrop?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
A fine example of the genre:

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Bollocks can someone tell me how i can suppress my signature?
There used to be a handy box to check when you post

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Ok despite this thread not going according to plan, i am back with an update.
With apologies to my conservative friends, i don't watch right wing media so my two sightings are both of liberal icons.
Firstly Carl Bernstein, of Woodward and Bernstein fame, has what looks like a SOTA turntable and a Spectral amplifier, on quite a nice rack
Then Dan Ackroyd impressed with vintage jbls and an Audio Research ref75.
Let me find a pic of Dan's speakers....ok here we go, perhaps theyre a resto modded version of the
JBL 4350

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I wouldn’t answer the door..
I wouldn’t trust a so called journalist/news droid near my house, or expect them to say anything truthful.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Any media organisation interviewing any of us must REALLY have run out of proper news to report Lol

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Actually I was interviewed in my home by the news, Aiden Pickering to be exact and the back drop was my office thinly disguised with smoke and mirrors with my face blocked out and my voice disguised. No matter how much they threw at it our friends were calling before the piece was over asking if it was me!
This was 20 years ago.

sombunya

Oct 18, 2012
Probably my LP collection. It's housed in a custom mahogany shelving system, stacked 8' long, 12" wide.

Kind of a homogenous background that won't detract. If someone wants to steal them, they'd better bring a lot of muscle.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing