.05 m pr and 1m pair WBT

F&F or check I will cover shipping also lower 48

New Price 2125.00 I will take $975.00

(1) barrel connector has the tape lifting see pic

299BC1C7-27A1-40AF-9E8C-72F7FDB1D5B4.jpeg

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Cool, I just want to address the viscoelastic dampers on the WBT locking barrels... I copied this from AC.

Hi,

I'm sorry to see the viscoelastic damping strips coming up. A tiny bit of all purpose clear silicon adhesive will take care of it, excess is easily wiped off. Superglue would work but it can make a mess!

However, if you do have my cables with visco dampers that will also qualify you for a huge discount on my next gen dampers, which are carbon fiber. They work better and look awesome. I'd love to offer it for free but the costs are MUCH higher vs the viscoelastic material and looks and performance are a major upgrade. The carbon fiber dampers must be installed on the plugs by myself, but the locking barrels simply unscrew from the plugs so you don't have to send me the whole cable. Just rotate the locking barrels CCW from the front and pull the barrels off the plugs.

I'll post more information on the new dampers in the next few days, pics included. Hopefully this will help with the sale as well as help the next owners of these cables.

Also, over the years there were some changes with my supply of viscoelastic material with some adhering perfectly and others not as well. I have 5 year old plugs with perfect damping strips and 6 month old plugs with them already coming up, so my recent batch of material has been very poor and for this I apologize. I was never informed of any changes by my supplier.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing