Ron's Favorite Private Rooms + Systems of All Time

like my 300Bs have 5 parts directly in signal path:
grid stopper - 6s445-interstage -300B- OPT
the other 40kg is powersupply

Is that before or after applying digital signal :)

Sounds like a good build but you can also be too simple , also remember high power represents demand not a limit to good sound. 95% of most systems are underpowered and being such i too would favor a clipping toob to any SS known to man ..

A good SS amp can deliver and you would be very surprised how close and similar a well setup system of any genre can sound to each other ..

Regards

Reactions: Lagonda
You just joined about a year ago and have a lot to say, yet I don’t know if you know good sound or are as clueless as most. It would be nice to find out if your posts and words hold any water.
Don't bite Carlos, it only makes you look bad. If you feel you need to make a point, do so, then chill. There will always be those who argue for the sake of argument, and those who actually see things differently. Let them say what they want to say without retort and those who seek argument are frustrated, and those who see differently may eventually convince you if you open your mind to it.

Is that before or after applying digital signal :)

Sounds like a good build but you can also be too simple , also remember high power represents demand not a limit to good sound. 95% of most systems are underpowered and being such i too would favor a clipping toob to any SS known to man ..

A good SS amp can deliver and you would be very surprised how close and similar a well setup system of any genre can sound to each other ..

Regards
I bought a pair of FW SIT-1 to test purity in ss vs tubes, but they went on to Santiago de Compostela in Spain
close but no cigar....

Reactions: the sound of Tao
Linesource Speakers does this also , panels speakers done right are as fast as the best horns...
And the 16 7 inch open baffle drivers in my speakers doing the mid-bass, keep up well with the electrostatic panels, best bass i have heard ! :)

Don't bite Carlos, it only makes you look bad. If you feel you need to make a point, do so, then chill. There will always be those who argue for the sake of argument, and those who actually see things differently. Let them say what they want to say without retort and those who seek argument are frustrated, and those who see differently may eventually convince you if you open your mind to it.

I actually do something a little more meaningful than bite, with words. I post videos for all to hear where I’m coming from.

It easier to find a piano in a friend's living room or hear unamplified piano at a concert hall, than it is to corral Stevie Nicks to sing to you unamplified in your living room.
Ron,

Thanks for your input. Hypothetically, if you live in an urban area with opportunities above described, yes. I live in a small, rural area with literally no opportunities to listen to an unamplified piano. So for myself, the answer is no. Folks need to realize and understand the realities of others and what is available and what is not.

But I did ask Dianna K. to join me and my friends to perform at a dinner party I was hosting. She, unfortunately, was not available. So I contacted some friends to see if I could get my favorite male vocalist to come. He accepted. I have always admired him for his dynamic range, vocal clarity and ability to sing many music genres. Thank you again Rod Stewart.

And the 16 7 inch open baffle drivers in my speakers doing the mid-bass, keep up well with the electrostatic panels, best bass i have heard ! :)

Yes this can be done to good effect too , BTW that is a panel speaker , no box ;)

16 seems a bit much thou , series parallel config.?

Not a fan of pam pam SS amplifiers so not surprised ..!
I was totally openminded and really impressed , but the upper mid / hf sparkle and complexity of overtones didn´t quite com through
gain and impedance wise they were a perfect match
they were also very silent like my 300Bs

Reactions: Audiohertz2
I´m not a fan of mixing speaker principles in one design....near to impossible to integrate properly

Well you got the banker technical support.. :)

Yes integrating different drive types can be an issue due to voicing , different acoustic centers and out of bandwidth distortion ..

It can be done and is actually the best of all worlds when successful ..

Regards

Yes this can be done to good effect too , BTW that is a panel speaker , no box ;)

16 seems a bit much thou , series parallel config.?
I honestly don't know, Martin Logan made them. Some adjustability in the passive crossover depending on seating distance and frontwall distance, they integrate very well. The integration between mid-bass drivers and the 16 12 inch driver is trickier and takes some time and patience :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Johan K
I honestly don't know, Martin Logan made them. Some adjustability in the passive crossover depending on seating distance and frontwall distance, they integrate very well. The integration between mid-bass drivers and the 16 12 inch driver is trickier and takes some time and patience :)

If the bass woofers are in a sealed cabinet and running servos , good luck and may the power of Zeus be with you ..

:)

I have Tommy Hørning nanocrystalline interstage and gridchoke and his SATI Litz wired nanocrystalline OPTs
I have nanocrystalline wired OPTs in my SATI 520b amp… it doesn’t use interstage transformers. The 2A3 amp is a Silvercore and uses their transformers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing