AIVS or MOFI for record cleaning system for use with RCM?

labjr1

Jun 18, 2020
I keep seeing various reports on the use of the AIVS system or the MOFI system for cleaning records with an RCM. I have used AIVS thus far and have been mostly successful, but I occasionally see it on backorder and have trouble procuring it on a timely basis. (I've had it on order with ElusiveDisc for 3 weeks). Has anyone tried both (or either) that can share their experience. I'm really not into trying to make a home brew solution at this time. It is more about convenience.

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
I keep seeing various reports on the use of the AIVS system or the MOFI system for cleaning records with an RCM. I have used AIVS thus far and have been mostly successful, but I occasionally see it on backorder and have trouble procuring it on a timely basis. (I've had it on order with ElusiveDisc for 3 weeks). Has anyone tried both (or either) that can share their experience. I'm really not into trying to make a home brew solution at this time. It is more about convenience.
100% believer in AIVS products! It’s been my experience that Elusive Disc has been plagued by this on MANY different kinds of products, and I’m not just referring to recent COVID delays. It’s been like that for a couple of years. I used to try to spread my business around but their lack of performance pretty much precludes them from that these days. I’m pretty sure I was the last person on the planet to get their Dire Straits SACD’s, foolishly ordered from them.

luvthesound

Jul 23, 2020
Miami, FL
I am just about to try the AIVS products myself and had no issue ordering from MusicDirect or straight from Osage Audio. I ordered from MusicDirect due to the free shipping and the bundle with 3 MOFI Brushes that came with it. I myself ordered the #15, #6, the 3 step Ezymatic, Super Cleaner and Water Bundle with 3 MOFI brushes, and an extra bottle of Pure Water. I will use this and see what I think of the results and probably purchase a bottle of the Archival later on if I like it.

Ordered it yesterday 7/22 and super excited to get it on Saturday 7/25. :)

Andrew

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I have some old Aivs fluid from what could be 10 years ago. It hasn't gotten cloudy or changed in appearance. Is it okay to use after all these years? Also this particular batch when new didn't flow as well as previous batches, and more beaded up on the LP as opposed to covering it. can I add a few drops of photo flow or similar?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing