Alexx V - Wilson Audio Acoustic Diode

RyanTX

Feb 15, 2023
Japan
Anyone installed these new diodes on their speakers yet? If so, what’s the verdict?
I know this is an old thread, but when I was considering this upgrade, I couldn’t find much info out there on what people thought so figured I should chime in for other Wilson owners.

Just installed the acoustic diodes on my Alexia 2’s. TBH, I wasn’t expecting to hear much of a difference at all. It’s really been the exact opposite. I think everything has improved. The bass is much more clear and extended…mids, highs, vocals….everything just sounds more natural and fluid. In my system, the change is so obvious.

So even with the admittedly crazy price for “just some spikes”, it’s been a pretty amazing upgrade for me and zero regrets on this one.

Coppy777

Jun 5, 2020
Sarasota, Florida
I know this is an old thread, but when I was considering this upgrade, I couldn’t find much info out there on what people thought so figured I should chime in for other Wilson owners.

Just installed the acoustic diodes on my Alexia 2’s. TBH, I wasn’t expecting to hear much of a difference at all. It’s really been the exact opposite. I think everything has improved. The bass is much more clear and extended…mids, highs, vocals….everything just sounds more natural and fluid. In my system, the change is so obvious.

So even with the admittedly crazy price for “just some spikes”, it’s been a pretty amazing upgrade for me and zero regrets on this one.
I have Wilson Yvettes. Installed the Acoustic Diodes last year and my reaction is the same as RyanTX. Pleasantly surprised at the amount of improvement. A worthwhile investment.

Reactions: Lee and RyanTX

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
I have Wilson Yvettes. Installed the Acoustic Diodes last year and my reaction is the same as RyanTX. Pleasantly surprised at the amount of improvement. A worthwhile investment.
Me too!
Hoped for a slight improvement on my 'old' Grand Slamms but experienced the same suprising gain. Paid a lot and got a lot.

Reactions: RyanTX

RyanTX

Feb 15, 2023
Japan
Me too!
Hoped for a slight improvement on my 'old' Grand Slamms but experienced the same suprising gain. Paid a lot and got a lot.
That’s great to see a few more people took the plunge. If I had known it would be this big of a difference, I would have done it a long time ago. I’ve definitely spent a lot more on other upgrades to my system that didn’t have near the impact!

Reactions: Jpspock

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing