All new Monitor Audio Concept 50 Time-Aligned Loudspeakers : Sound Of The Highest Fidelity

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
The new Flagship Monitor Audio HYPHN will be on the market this summer and they might rule them all !

Reactions: RnRmf

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
The all new Monitor Audio Platinum 3G Series is using the same speaker technology as the all new Flagship HYPHN speakers, Cost-No-Object Speakers now ! :oops::eek:

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I use Monitor Audio PL500 II speakers and was looking forward to listening to the new Hyphns. I'm disappointed that the Hyphns list price is $90K.

Reactions: nicoludio

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
That is steep, but I have to admit. If I had that money, I would buy them for their looks.
I've had my Monitor Audio PL 500 II speakers for seven year. I love my speakers and thought the Hyphns were the logical choice to replace my PL500s. $90K is just too much for me to spend on speakers.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I've had my Monitor Audio PL 500 II speakers for seven year. I love my speakers and thought the Hyphns were the logical choice to replace my PL500s. $90K is just too much for me to spend on speakers.
With an impressive setup like yours, it won't be easy to make an upgrade. Neither it will be cheap...
But yes, we all need to put a limit somewhere...

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
With an impressive setup like yours, it won't be easy to make an upgrade. Neither it will be cheap...
But yes, we all need to put a limit somewhere...
Thanks for the compliment. It's funny because in the U.S. many don't consider Monitor Audio high-end.

Reactions: WickyMelb

WickyMelb

Jul 23, 2021
Thanks for the compliment. It's funny because in the U.S. many don't consider Monitor Audio high-end.
I too own the platinum 500II I think they offer superb top drawer hiend performance for the money which has been strangely overlooked. I have only become more impressed with time especially after switching to analogue.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I too own the platinum 500II I think they offer superb top drawer hiend performance for the money which has been strangely overlooked. I have only become more impressed with time especially after switching to analogue.
I've listened to several speakers....Vivid Audio, Acora, Fyne, Magico, and a couple others. I really like Vivid Audio Giya G1s, but decided that the PL500s are most likely my last speakers.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
One thing I have to commend. Finally, somebody from the biggest brands went outside a simple box design. I wish we would have more of unique designs on the market.
I do wonder how these these kinds of over top awkward looking visually loud objects are really are going to integrate well into a general residential design context. They look more like they’ve been designed to be a showroom standout and I suppose you can say it’s sculptural but I don’t think this qualifies as an elegant design… it’s a bit gawky. It will struggle to visually work with other components and gear for us is most always part of a system. Maybe it’s more of a hedonistic lifestyle bit of gear. It certainly doesn’t look like an object that will age well let alone be timeless.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
They just came out with a new improved Hyphn 2 Loudspeakers that is said to be much better than the Hyphn 1 Loudspeakers !:eek::cool: End-Game Loudspeakers At Any Price Now ?!

WOW ! :eek:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing