The 12 Most Significant Loudspeakers of All Time

Mar 14, 2019
France
I finally remembered the TLs: it was TDL, an English company. I had a pair of their speakers promising f3 17Hz!! Not that I had much content so low :)

QUOTE="christoph, post: 658707, member: 7611"]What amps did you try?
I had excellent results with Lamm M1.1 hybrids :cool: [/QUOTE]

I used Krell ksa 100 (An old, discontinued class A amp). I wanted to listen at concert levels :eek: , regardless of the fact that the poor Scintillas couldn't do 120dB anyway! I ended up blowing fuses on the Krell and having to replace components on the speakers :oops: -- but, what fun!
Plus I was the cool kid:cool:!

christoph

Dec 12, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I used Krell ksa 100 (An old, discontinued class A amp). I wanted to listen at concert levels :eek: , regardless of the fact that the poor Scintillas couldn't do 120dB anyway! I ended up blowing fuses on the Krell and having to replace components on the speakers :oops: -- but, what fun!
Plus I was the cool kid:cool:!
I guess you Krell KSA 100 must have been faulty and took out your Scinnies in the process :eek:

My completely overhauled ex-Krell KSA 100 MK2 still drives my ex-Scinnies to abnormous volume levels at a friend of mine :cool:
The Lamm M 1.1 hybrid monos sound quite a bit better but there is definitely no lack of volume level with the Krell ;)

Mar 14, 2019
France
Interesting! My KSA's probably needed recapping, who knows. Someone actually still uses them, I hear (from the dealer), but listens to chamber & acoustic music.

christoph

Dec 12, 2015
Interesting! My KSA's probably needed recapping, who knows. Someone actually still uses them, I hear (from the dealer), but listens to chamber & acoustic music.
Oh I forgot.
Your Symphonic Line Kraft would have probably sounded great with your Scinnies :D

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Oh I forgot.
Your Symphonic Line Kraft would have probably sounded great with your Scinnies :D
There is a guy using this combo in Virginia

Mar 14, 2019
France

christoph

Dec 12, 2015

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing