All NEW Perlisten Audio S7T Loudspeakers...The World's BEST At ANY PRICE ?!

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
I drove 2.5 hours each way yesterday to a dealer to audition the Perlisten S7t speakers. They were in a small untreated partition of the show room. Dual subwoofers, the top of the line d215s were available, but I asked the nice guy to disconnect the subwoofers. The gear was Audio Research vacuum tubes amp and preamp, basic Straight Wire cabling. Aurender streaming via Tidal.

Despite been hooked up to tubes gear, which I don’t use and dislike (personal preference), these speakers sounded very good, and I would say impressive. Much better than I expected prior to arriving there, and surely after seeing their location and room. Very good presence and timbre was very pleasant and not tiring. The problem with those auditions is they are not made in my own optimized room, with my own preferred gear. That’s always a problem when listening to a system somewhere else other than your own place. This is always the case with such auditions, there is only little you can take home with you from that experience, but I am glad I was able to see them in person. Bottom line is that these speakers are worth pursuing and learning more down the road for me, as opposed to scratching them off my “to do” list

Reactions: matakana

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Great review.. at any price ! :) But We liked the new Dynaudio Focus 50 Active Wireless speakers much better ! ;) Best-Kept Secret on the market right now ! Twittering Machines gave the Dynaudio speakers : Speaker Of The Year in 2022 and they also reviewed these Perlisten Audio speakers too ! B A R G A I N :)

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I don't remember what was driving them at axpona 22, but the s7t sounded like a very detailed and accurate speaker, precise imaging with a large soundstage if the images would lean towards mini monitor rather than life size. I take demos with a grain of salt since so many elements can effect a speakers final output.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
The million dollar question. I have a Hegel H590 I bought new a year and a half ago and replaced with the components in my sig last feb if you're considering that direction.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing