Amazing Documentary From Netflix

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
There's no set date yet from Netflix Steve. They are filming though, into production.
It's a tough question to answer because the first season was filmed over a period of ten years. But we won't wait that long here; most of us will be gone.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/08/ma...rview-laura-ricciardi-moira-demos-1201717138/

* I'd say within the next six months, or less? Meanwhile 'Suicide Squad' is playing...@ the theater. The reviews though are not that ..."charming".
But Margot Robbie is in it. And it is also in 3D @ selected theaters. No Oscar nomination here.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
We binged it finally in a week-end this holiday.

Totally gripping.

Unlike most people talking about the series, I think the more important meaning in this show is the obvious loopholes and miscarriages of justice allowed by the system and not specifically whether Avery is guilty or not of the second crime.

Now, of course, we would still like to know more details and the outcome as well for him.

As with any documentary, one side is favoured by the people filming it, so one needs to dig in deeper to get more facts and a more balanced viewpoint.

If you dig deeper though, there are potentially a couple of much more fascinating meta-stories around this one, one being the system itself being taken for what is really isn't, and secondly, a serial killer who could be involved.

Little did I know after watching MAM that there was a "MAM" before the day.

If you're interested in more potential miscarriages of justice, look into these:

1. Paradise Lost I, II, III
2. West of Memphis

The West Memphis Three.

Here as well, ensure you also read up other facts and points of view around the net because the documentaries are usually sided.

Another network is readying a show about the JonBenet Ramsay case too.

I've read that I should also watch "The Staircase" and "The Jinx" as related documentaries.

Waiting for Season II.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
One thing is for sure, without knowing it all; I will never get into trouble in Wisconsin

That's assuming this only happens in Wisconsin. It doesn't.

...Not the place to get a traffic ticket or any kind of trouble @ all with the police and prosecutors, judges, all the people working in the justice department system and working against the people!

There's the rub and a good point to start asking some deep questions: what made you believe they should work for the people? When did you hear it? Does reality today reflect this? If not, why not?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I started writing few paragraphs and then I deleted.

No, reality is more complex than that. When facing a big $36 million lawsuit, some people will do anything illegally to make it go away.
Season 2, eventually, should show just that.

Thread's about this particular show...'Making a Murderer'. Yes there are many other great documentaries about twisted justice systems and its people, but this one is this one.
Now Kathleen Zellner and her team are the new sheriff in town. That, shall make for quite an exciting new chapter comin' up. ...And justice for all.
One case @ a time, this case. After the conviction and wrongful judgement of two innocent people, season one, we are seeing a huge interest by millions of viewers, and it's making the justice system roll in itself upside down. One guy's out, next one coming out too...freedom. DNA seems to work as real science, and tampering with science is coming back to bite them.

Yash, I don't know why exactly our world works that way, maybe it's the wind? Maybe we are waiting for the next big bang?
Meanwhile we have Kathleen. Lucky us she took the case.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
No, reality is more complex than that. When facing a big $36 million lawsuit, some people will do anything illegally to make it go away.

It could actually be far more complex than just that.

I just caught up with all the posts in this thread, looks like you flip-flopped a couple of times regarding whether Avery is guilty or not of the second crime.

Thread's about this particular show...'Making a Murderer'. Yes there are many other great documentaries about twisted justice systems and its people, but this one is this one.

Watch the Memphis Three documentaries first and then let's talk whether you find similarities instead of differences with this case.

Meanwhile we have Kathleen. Lucky us she took the case.

Ah, maybe she succeeds, but then maybe she succeeds because of more loopholes in the system.

That's what the show should open your eyes to, IMO.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Life is a flip-flop adventure, so yes, I flip-flop with the winds, the news, the people around.
I should have stick with Steven all the way. @ one point I deserted him, I regret that. I failed, but I returned to him, and I will stay till the end, @ his side, till he is finally free, proven innocent by DNA.

I did check that case about the three young men falsely accused and condemned, quite extensively...West of Memphis Three.

She'll succeed (Zellner) because she has a team of some world best scientists.
_________

So many great documentaries so little time.
* I'll check those you mentioned; my curiosity is like an explorer searching for new frontiers.

Last edited:

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I sincerely apologize. You were always on topic. I corrected my above post with better accuracy. I am truly sorry.

No prob, man.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Fresh news (from yesterday):

I would never trust this guy ? http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/making-a-murderer-detective-andrew-colborn-112266

I saw his full testimony in court, answering questions from both sides, and he recanted the licence plate number of the victim's car saying that he had just discovered the car and that it was right there in front of him! That, was a total lie. He must me pooping his pants right now. He'll be going down, like several more. And if not convicted of perjury, his reputation on the intelligent public court image, is gone.

He should keep quiet instead of giving an interview for money. He should hire a very very good lawyer, one with convincing gestures, and without scruples.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
To me the huge fail in Avery's case is all the evidence that was tainted and should never have seen the court room. The jury also clearly was aware of Brendan's confession.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
To me the huge fail in Avery's case is all the evidence that was tainted and should never have seen the court room. The jury also clearly was aware of Brendan's confession.

Some jury members were living in fear, and some said that they weren't clean with their conscience. And the judge played a role in that; him too wasn't up to his legal duties.
Yes, it was the entire justice system with the people manipulating it that fails miserably.
What for me is hard to digest is that it is the second time for Steven to be wrongfully convicted; the first time he spent 18 years in jail. His life was already totally broken.
If it wasn't for that $36 million lawsuit I doubt that all of this would have ever happened. ...But we'll know, if Kathleen Zellner can pinpoint the real killer...with DNA.

http://www.people.com/article/steven-avery-juror-believes-he-deserves-a-new-trial
http://www.people.com/article/steven-avery-juror-says-two-jurors-related-county-employees
________

Season 2 is going to be a fascinating expedition.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I just had to post this sign: The last three words in French @ the bottom; do you know what they mean?

_______

Kathleen Zellner ?@ZellnerLaw Sep 3
Crucial witnesses coming forward now-as they always do when new scientific testing sought. Science not spin will rule.
#MakingAMurderer

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Actually this is good news, because now they can fight it in court again. But this time it's going to be completely different, as Kathleen Zellner's team is the new player in town.
If the prosecution wouldn't file an objection, a motion, it would look like they admit to wrongful doing in the past regarding Brendan.
So they had to play the game. Only problem this time is that it's going to cost them a lot...financially and reputation wise.
The more the prosecution fight the more they will lose. They are fighting against their own corrupted system with Zellner's team across the court's table. ...In my calculated opinion.

I sure keep track of this entire saga. Making a Murderer Part 2 is going to be very "captivating". It's in the works as we speak.
________

"The teenager (Brendan) eventually confessed to being a co-conspirator in the rape and murder, but he later recanted that. He claimed detectives kept asking him the same thing until he said what they wanted to hear.

His legal team have pointed out that there isn’t any DNA evidence putting him at the scene.

It’s also been argued that his description of the murder couldn’t be what happened as it would have involved Teresa’s blood being spilt, and none was found where Brendan claimed it took place.

Part of the evidence against him came from his cousin Kayla, who told a school counsellor Steven had asked one of her cousins to help move a body.

At Brendan’s trial, Kayla said she’d lied."

_______

When I watched that documentary with the utmost attention, there were just too many wrong tactics performed by the police, by the two detectives, by the prosecution team.
And the guy who was trying to get Brendan to confess, some sort of scientific polygraph expert, with kid's drawings, and a piece of paper with Brendan's signature (little people he drew)...is just a clown working for the prosecution. He's the one who should be in jail along with the entire prosecution team, the entire police department, the two detectives and even the judge. ...Plus Brendan's own original clown attorney, the short guy with thick glasses. Him too is a very bad apple; he wasn't working for Brendan as he should have been, but was working for the prosecution team. He should be ban forever from being a law attorney. This guy was just too much; where do they get people like that!
The main prosecutor; remember his sexting escapades: "Baby, I am the price." Lol, that tells me a lot about this clown too.

I hope the more the new prosecution team fight for Brendan to remain in jail for life the more they'll end up to be the ones in jail with a lot of other people in that case and that Brendan will be forever free for his remaining years here on planet Earth. I have full confidence in the justice system when someone like Kathleen Zellner's law firm is involved.

_______

"A federal magistrate judge, judge Duffin also cited the "misconduct" on the part of Dassey's then-attorney as "indefensible" and an "extreme malfunction" of the Wisconsin legal system."

And he was 100% ? absolutely right. Judge Duffin I don't know him; but he ruled the right ruling. He would be the type of judge I would like to have in my own town.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I was just curious on the latest: http://people.com/crime/steven-aver...-relationship-but-says-avery-still-loves-her/

Ouch!

“Please let this letter act as formal notice that Mr. Avery terminated his engagement with you effective October 2,” it reads. A deeper dive into the letter reveals that it was definitely an interview that Hartman gave to Dr. Phil recently, that sparked Avery’s sudden change of heart. “As Mr. Avery expressed to you during your relationship with him, he deems his correspondence and communications with you to be confidential. This constitutes an oral agreement with him. You should therefore cease and desist giving interviews of any kind concerning your relationship with him.”

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing