Analogue Heaven in Paris - My Visit to Ana Mighty Sound

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Dear Massimo,

Thanks to Denis and this thread I found out about your retip inquiries that were (as your email) in our spam box ! I am coming back to you quickly.
Great, i have made a inquiry about retipping a Benz LPS in December maybe it will be found now too ! :)

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75

Cala

May 2, 2018
Paris
anamightysound.com
Dear Lagonda,

I have been checking my spam box with no trace of your request. Most of the time we cannot repair Benz cartridges due to the fact that the cantilever is continuous piece of boron going through the coil former. Replacing the cantilever will add mass to the moving mass and thus lower the resonance of this ensemble and alter the overall tones of the cartridge. Something we absolutely do not want to alter.

Best regards,

François

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Dear Lagonda,

I have been checking my spam box with no trace of your request. Most of the time we cannot repair Benz cartridges due to the fact that the cantilever is continuous piece of boron going through the coil former. Replacing the cantilever will add mass to the moving mass and thus lower the resonance of this ensemble and alter the overall tones of the cartridge. Something we absolutely do not want to alter.

Best regards,

François
Thank you François, i will send it to Benz, but hey take forever ! :confused:

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
François, il proprietario di Ana Mighty Sound, è un caro amico. A causa della pandemia non ho potuto attraversare il confine per fargli visita che entrambi aspettavamo da molto tempo. Dopo essere stato completamente vaccinato durante l'estate, era giunto il momento di andare a Parigi.

Lo showroom di Ana Mighty Sound si trova in una strada molto tranquilla del 20° arrondissement dove si può ancora sentire il vero spirito parigino. Avendo vissuto a Parigi per diversi anni, avevo la sensazione di essere proiettato indietro di 25 anni fa, mentre il quartiere in cui vivevo ha sofferto della gentrificazione e ha perso parte del suo fascino.

Lo showroom di François è dedicato esclusivamente all'analogico e opera solo su appuntamento per offrire la migliore esperienza al cliente.

View attachment 82257

Ci sono non meno di 9 giradischi esposti direttamente e pronti per essere suonati: PTP, Thrax, AMG, Reed, Döhmann e CS Port con bracci multipli di AMG, Reed, Schröder, Glanz e CS Port. La scelta delle cartucce è proporzionata: Sculpture A - il marchio interno, Allaerts, Phasemation, My Sonic Lab, Mutech e molti altri, oltre a un'ampia scelta di trasformatori step up tra gli altri Sculpture A, Phasemation, Thrax e Consolidated Audio.

View attachment 82258

View attachment 82259

View attachment 82260

Ci sono due giradischi STST e un Garrard 301 nel retro, pronti per essere installati, se necessario.

Gli stadi phono provengono da Sculpture A, Phasemation, CS Port e Thrax.

Gli altoparlanti principali sono i Thrax Lyra SE con il subwoofer attivo Bassus. Questi altoparlanti ad alta risoluzione sono pilotati da un combo preamplificatore/amplificatore di potenza DarTZeel o da un combo preamplificatore/amplificatore di potenza mono Thrax che comprende, tra gli altri, il preamplificatore Libra con cui ho una certa familiarità poiché ne possiedo uno.

View attachment 82261

Ce ne sono diversi integrati di DarTZeel e Thrax se desideri optare per un sistema più compatto. I nuovi diffusori da scaffale di Thrax, i Sirens, sono appena arrivati se desideri ascoltare un setup più piccolo ma non per questo meno impressionante.

François distribuisce le piattaforme Stacore, i cavi Elpispandora e Black Cat. Ha anche sviluppato i propri cavi fono.

Ana Mighty Sound rappresenterà presto i diffusori Steinheim e Hervé Deletraz gli spedirà un paio di DarTZeel NHB 468. Mi sarebbe piaciuto ascoltare i Thrax Spartacus 300B ma non erano nello showroom durante la mia visita.

Ana Mighty Sound dispone di un'offerta analogica a tre livelli articolata attorno ai seguenti giradischi:

- In alto: AMG Viola Forte, Döhmman Helix 1, CS Port TAT2 e LFT1

- Al centro: Thrax Yatrus, AMG Viella e Reed Muse 3C

- Ingresso: PTP e AMG Giro

Ho trascorso quasi tre giorni a casa di François e lui ha esaudito tutti i miei desideri.

Ho ascoltato tutti i giradischi e nessuno dei setup è stato deludente. Ognuno di loro ha le sue idiosincrasie. È una questione di gusti personali e di budget. Anche

Se siete a Parigi, non esitate a chiamare François per un
dear enthusiasts, often, reading the description of the tests or your experiences in the forum, you may end up disappointed when, with an enthusiastic spirit of emulation, you try to reproduce or obtain the results you describe. The cause of this often depends on many variables. Yesterday, during my Parisian holiday, I finally managed to carve out an afternoon to visit François and his creation "Ana mighty sound". I won't hide from you that during the journey, which separated me from my destination, I felt as excited as a child who is taken to an amusement park as a prize. In this case I must admit that what François showed me far exceeded my already high expectations. First of all I have to thank him for the nice welcome he gave me (after a few minutes I was as comfortable as if I were on the sofa at home) then, he took me by the hand, leading me on a musical/analogue journey in a continuous crescendo of vinyl emotions. I had never listened to the Yuki AP 01 turntable with a 12-inch Glanz and my beloved MSL plat.signature on board and I must say it is truly a stratospheric level turntable/arm with breathtaking transient speed without the natural decay of the notes suffered from it. The notes remained in the air just long enough to prepare the way for the next vibrato. As the Phono stages and suts followed one another, in order of increasing cost, the ability to reproduce emotions increased in intensity. It was like tasting the same dish cooked by various chefs, step by step, increasingly starred. The release of the MLS sig.platinum was managed by the Phasemation 1200 and 2000 phono preamps. Already the 1200 alone produced a very beautiful and extremely intelligible sound. Already the choruses and single parts of a splendid album “Le nozze di Figaro - Teodor Currentzis - Musicaeterna - were perfectly clear and you could follow them verse by verse. Subsequently, a silver sut was connected and then the consolidated audio 1/20 also in silver and as the sut was changed the sound acquired more thickness, body and credibility. But when we switched to Phasemation Ea 2000 both directly and with Consolidate Audio, the magic took a leap forward, leaving me and everyone present even more speechless. Guys, it was hard to get up from that armchair, say goodbye to Francois and his friends and return to the lovely Bnb with a magnificent window overlooking the Center Pompidou where my wife was waiting for me to go to dinner... A few hours have passed but I can't get away from it. I face the smile of happiness-

Attachments

• 0b00b389-4e61-489e-8880-b208dcd55fef.jpeg
    0b00b389-4e61-489e-8880-b208dcd55fef.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 7d2bb551-b408-46b4-8165-56d1c557650f.jpeg
    7d2bb551-b408-46b4-8165-56d1c557650f.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 58
  • f76daeb6-4c43-44db-9a9d-31423988d215.jpeg
    f76daeb6-4c43-44db-9a9d-31423988d215.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 56
  • aa99ab3d-69c5-421f-a08a-4fbafc76150a.jpeg
    aa99ab3d-69c5-421f-a08a-4fbafc76150a.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 55e8038f-05b7-4930-92d2-294136f4a1bb.jpeg
    55e8038f-05b7-4930-92d2-294136f4a1bb.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 6aeee559-4dd0-4e98-9494-879a1b97b5bb.jpeg
    6aeee559-4dd0-4e98-9494-879a1b97b5bb.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3182.jpeg
    IMG_3182.jpeg
    894.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3181.jpeg
    IMG_3181.jpeg
    847 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3180.jpeg
    IMG_3180.jpeg
    721.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    990.5 KB · Views: 55

Cala

May 2, 2018
Paris
anamightysound.com
Dear Massimo,

it was a real pleasure to welcome such a gentleman as you. Next time please do come with your wife and let’s have dinner all together.

Looking forward our next meeting either in Palermo or Paris ! ;)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Congrats for products you have,i listened some to Italian distributor my friend Madformusic that has many of your products
I have Lyra with Hades and is one of the speaker i
Listened in all my life

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing