Announcing the new Taiko Audio Dedicated Forum

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Suffice it to say that Taiko Audio and its original thread started several years ago by CK Keung

has been the go to read for so many members here at WBF every day that it now has well over 21K posts and over 3 million views that it has become evident that this thread has served as the repository for all things Taiko. As a result it was the feeling that Taiko Audio needs its own dedicated forum rather than a single thread to disseminate information from Taiko about all things Taiko, as well as future offerings and product. I want to thank Christiaan and Julian who have been working diligently, hidden in the back ground on this new dedicated forum. So to all the dedicated Taiko fans please have a look at all of the updated information which will no be found in dedicated places rather than reading a thread that has all of the same information buried throughout its content

Please enjoy as this thread has taken well over a month to develop

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Suffice it to say that Taiko Audio and its original thread started several years ago by CK Keung

has been the go to read for so many members here at WBF every day that it now has well over 21K posts and over 3 million views that it has become evident that this thread has served as the repository for all things Taiko. As a result it was the feeling that Taiko Audio needs its own dedicated forum rather than a single thread to disseminate information from Taiko about all things Taiko, as well as future offerings and product. I want to thank Christiaan and Julian who have been working diligently, hidden in the back ground on this new dedicated forum. So to all the dedicated Taiko fans please have a look at all of the updated information which will no be found in dedicated places rather than reading a thread that has all of the same information buried throughout its content

Please enjoy as this thread has taken well over a month to develop

steve,

i'm not quite clear about the intent here. is the new forum only for taiko postings on each topic, or is this intended to replace this thread completely?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Do new posts made in dedicated manufacturer forums not show up under “new posts?”

Christiaan Punter

steve,

i'm not quite clear about the intent here. is the new forum only for taiko postings on each topic, or is this intended to replace this thread completely?
The intention is to canalize the different topics so that all information that we supply, as well as all related comments, are easier to find. Ideally, new comments are added to the new threads where applicable to the specific topics.

Reactions: Namaste

Christiaan Punter

Do new posts made in dedicated manufacturer forums not show up under “new posts?”
They should do. Maybe not in this case because the new threads were made invisible initially while I populated the content in the background.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
it might be better to include the original "classic" @CKKeung thread in that same new forum. no matter what you do that old thread will still pull comments, but if it's at least on the Taiko sub forum it will be clearer that there are also sub topics. and if you can eliminate that survey at the top which is not relevant any more that's probably better too.

i assume there is no technical issue with that. maybe that is already the plan. it's a big thread.

don't mean to butt my nose into this but it just makes sense.

Christiaan Punter

it might be better to include the original "classic" @CKKeung thread in that same new forum. no matter what you do that old thread will still pull comments, but if it's at least on the Taiko sub forum it will be clearer that there are also sub topics. and if you can eliminate that survey at the top which is not relevant any more that's probably better too.

i assume there is no technical issue with that. maybe that is already the plan. it's a big thread.

don't mean to butt my nose into this but it just makes sense.
We did have in mind to migrate the original thread at some point. But you make a good point, and maybe sooner's better than later.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Not feeling this dedicated forum at all......
If you feel its necessary to migrate the original thread to this new one just leave it as it was...

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
This is no different than organizing your music in multiple folders so it is easier to find specific items. As it was, if you wanted to read about something specific to the router you had to sort through hundreds of irrelevant posts. Now all you have to do is go to a single folder. Not sure why this is receiving push back.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
This is no different than organizing your music in multiple folders so it is easier to find specific items. As it was, if you wanted to read about something specific to the router you had to sort through hundreds of irrelevant posts. Now all you have to do is go to a single folder. Not sure why this is receiving push back.
Maybe because there are still plenty of threads in the ‘main forum’ about Taiko. For instance, I had to post a question about the Router in two places. It’s quite confusing.

Christiaan Punter

Maybe because there are still plenty of threads in the ‘main forum’ about Taiko. For instance, I had to post a question about the Router in two places. It’s quite confusing.
Given the enormous size of the original thread, it will take some time to find a new equilibrium. Naturally, everyone is free to post in any thread they like. But the more people post in the dedicated threads and we provide answers there, the more straightforward it should become going forward. Rest assured, we are keeping an eye on this.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing