Anti Static

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Last week I attended my good dealer's shop and listened to a new set of speakers he is developing along with the Kuzma Saphire arm.( wow!- that is for another thread)

My dealer has for years had an industrial Panasonic air ionizer perched over the KUZMA XL to provide anti-static duties. Evidently the ionizer was working intermittently for some time and he had replaced it just prior to my arrival.

In our climate winter is always the dry static season and we don't necessarily worry much about static during the summer/ fall. He played the same album 2x and then several times back and forth without telling me what he did.

Wow! with the anti-static ionizer on I experienced profoundly more clarity, less smear and apparent less distortion. It was not debatable. He had another patron there as we A-B'd blindly and our jaws dropped. Now I have tried the DS ionizer and this is far more impactful.

It is a little diy as you need to build a molex plug and supply 24vdc but that is quite simple. For someone that wants to try it. I can recommend it.

Be careful as - ve ions can present health risks in enclosed spaces.

Pics attached with dealer Kuzma Saphire set up and ionizer hanging ,f packaging of unit along with my new set up with the Balance.

Attachments

• IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2053.jpg
    IMG_2053.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: pcosta

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Yup, ionizers clearly make a difference and was the only thing to truly rid me of static.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing