Audio Esoterica

jdza

May 3, 2010
Just come across this new magazine.
Anybody seen or read it and how do they rate it?

It is Australian. Superb layout and well written. Editor is Edgar Kramer. You can see some of his writings on 6 Moons to get a feel for it. Problem is in 3 years there has only been 3 issues. Apart from the Australian centred articles you can read about the same 7 brands and models that have already been exhausted by Stereophile,TAS,Ken Kessler et al.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
It is Australian. Superb layout and well written. Editor is Edgar Kramer. You can see some of his writings on 6 Moons to get a feel for it. Problem is in 3 years there has only been 3 issues. Apart from the Australian centred articles you can read about the same 7 brands and models that have already been exhausted by Stereophile,TAS,Ken Kessler et al.
Thanks for that .
Very helpful.

kramered

[Industry Expert]
Dec 21, 2015
Blue Mountains, Sydney
Apologies for responding to this thread so late but I just came across it by pure chance.

I am indeed the editor of Audio Esoterica magazine. It's a high gloss, coffee table book-style magazine with beautiful layouts and product images to support the in-depth reviews. We publish twice a year now and AE is available in print in Australia and online globally on Zinio, iTunes, etc. We cover top-tier stuff and are often among the first publications to review important high-end products.

For example, in past issues we would have been among the first to publish reviews on the Trinity DAC, Wilson Audio Sasha 2 and Alexia, D'Agostino Momentum monos, McIntosh C2500/MC452, Musical Fidelity Nu-vista 800, etc

The current issue (just released) features reviews from the following products (we may be the first on some of these):

1. Bowers & Wilkins new 802 D3
2. Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated
3. Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier
4. Thrax Audio Teres monoblocs
5. Triangle Signature Alpha speakers
6. Audio Research GSi75 integrated
7. Karan Acoustics' top pre/power
8. Vivid Audio Giya G4
9. MBL Factory tour and MUCH MORE

I've just joined this forum after visiting regularly for a couple of years. I may not be posting much but, when I do, I look forward to sharing ideas and exchanging views on audio and music.

Cheers,
Edgar Kramer

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Apologies for responding to this thread so late but I just came across it by pure chance.

I am indeed the editor of Audio Esoterica magazine. It's a high gloss, coffee table book-style magazine with beautiful layouts and product images to support the in-depth reviews. We publish twice a year now and AE is available in print in Australia and online globally on Zinio, iTunes, etc. We cover top-tier stuff and are often among the first publications to review important high-end products.

For example, in past issues we would have been among the first to publish reviews on the Trinity DAC, Wilson Audio Sasha 2 and Alexia, D'Agostino Momentum monos, McIntosh C2500/MC452, Musical Fidelity Nu-vista 800, etc

The current issue (just released) features reviews from the following products (we may be the first on some of these):

1. Bowers & Wilkins new 802 D3
2. Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated
3. Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier
4. Thrax Audio Teres monoblocs
5. Triangle Signature Alpha speakers
6. Audio Research GSi75 integrated
7. Karan Acoustics' top pre/power
8. Vivid Audio Giya G4
9. MBL Factory tour and MUCH MORE

I've just joined this forum after visiting regularly for a couple of years. I may not be posting much but, when I do, I look forward to sharing ideas and exchanging views on audio and music.

Cheers,
Edgar Kramer

Nice to learn about your magazine. What is the difference between subscribing or buying one issue at Zinio? It looks the same!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing