Empire Grenadier

rbush

Feb 10, 2024
maryland
Hello, new here and hoping I can find some enlightenment. I will try to be brief.
I have come across a pair of Empire Model 5000 Grenadier speakers. After cleaning, the woofers (to me) look to be almost pristine. They sound great (to me) as well.
My questions revolve around the 8 ohm pot. One pair of wires is hooked parallel with speaker wires and the other is dangling. I am assuming they are wasted. Either "lead output" to common registered sporadically, zero to 500 ohms for a slight portion of the rotation and the rest of the rotation was OL (open)
- how is it supposed to be hooked up?
- what does it do?
- how does it do it? (probably cannot comprehend this answer)
I have not been able to find much one these on the internet. please be gentle....I am not super electronically inclined. THANKS IMG_20240208_100246338.jpg IMG_20240208_101552520_HDR.jpg IMG_20240208_094749136_HDR.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing