Audio Exotics Show 2016 - a show like no other

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1807.jpg DSCF1842.jpg DSCF1843.jpg

This was the top room - with Cessaro Carmen Speakers, Wadax Statement Phono trio and Atlantis Statement DAC, Vertere RG-1/Arm and Ultimate platform + Etsuro cartridge, Engstrom Monica Ref Pre + Super Ref ERIC power amp, Tripoint Emperor AC plus Ground, and Skogrand Beethoven Cables.

Amazing sound and knowing that this was set up in two days shames Munich's performance completely.

The room was large and about 200 invitees were present. Sitting in the second last row and off centre, I could still lose myself in the soundstage and playback. Tonality, dynamics and pitch did not even enter my mind as you felt constantly you were in a live performance from Vangelis-Antartica, Incomparable Mantovani, Saint-Saens, Eva Cassidy...to Carol Kidd vinyl being played.

Choice cuts of music was played on the Vertere, which went through the Wadax Phono unit into the Atlantis DAC. Speaking to Xavier he mentioned that this was all done in 128bits and finally truncated in the final D/A conversion of his first showing of the DAC. Thifs then went into the Engstrom Monica and from there into the Eric. What an amp! They were there to drive the Cessaro Carmen with grip and authority. And all this in a room large enough to fit so many of us was no mean feat.

There was another room with full Trinity room, and Cessaro Brahms/Rachmaninov Subs and Disc Rotator with Thales arm, Etsuro cartridge. Once again with the Firebird Suite from Korsakov the speakers just disappeared. It's late here in HK and I am with family on holiday so have to keep this short.

The Other room had Artisan Fidelity with Zanden Super/Phono/Preamp/Amp. First showing in the world. Along with this was Tripping Prince and Signature. And played through the new Cessaro field coil speakers (not horns), just wonderful. The Speakers may look small in the photo's but they really aren't. As big in size as the Tannoy's Westminster's.

Clearly the team at Audio Exotics know how to get the most out of their partners who manufacture just that one step beyond everyone's expectation.

What a great experience! Enjoy the pics.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1844.jpg DSCF1846.jpg DSCF1852.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1855.jpg DSCF1856.jpg DSCF1857.jpg DSCF1858.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1859.jpg DSCF1860.jpg DSCF1861.jpg DSCF1862.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1869.jpg DSCF1870.jpg DSCF1871.jpg DSCF1865.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1779.jpg DSCF1780.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1783.jpg DSCF1784.jpg DSCF1785.jpg DSCF1787.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1789.jpg DSCF1790.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1791.jpg DSCF1793.jpg DSCF1795.jpg DSCF1793.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
DSCF1841.jpg

And when you have all the manufacturers that go beyond their boundaries and come out with what Audio Exotics pushes out from them, you have their passion and excellence coming through their products performance.

From left to right

Xavier -Wadax/Ralph- Cessaro/ Tomi from Disc Rotator/ the AE Guys that made it happen, followed by Dieter (white hair and shirt) of Trinity/ Yamada san- Zanden/ Lars - Engstrom/ Touraj - Vertere/Miguel - Tripoint/ and the last young gent is from Engstrom too.

A lot more pics on the AE forum too. Far better photographers than me. ;)

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Fantastic Nev , thanks for sharing !!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
wow!!

thanks Neville for the pics and thoughts.

knowing what the Tripoint Troy Sig does in my system I can only imagine the Emperor and a couple Empress units. let alone all the great gear. full Trinity has got to be quite special.

Seems the Trinity suite was sans grounding . Apparently Dietmar does not feel that his gear benefits , having been well engineered . I can however attest thatthe Trinity pre amp , does indeed respond positively to the Tripoint Sig . AE is bleeding cutting edge alright .... With the clientele to keep the flame burning !!

jsn

VIP/Donor
Jan 8, 2014
Seems the Trinity suite was sans grounding . Apparently Dietmar does not feel that his gear benefits , having been well engineered . I can however attest thatthe Trinity pre amp , does indeed respond positively to the Tripoint Sig . AE is bleeding cutting edge alright .... With the clientele to keep the flame burning !!
Dietmar went to another path. He built the power distributor/filter. All Trinity gears connected to this box. He also brought his own cables (power , IC and SC)
e4smrz0z10n1.jpg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

when I had my Trinity dac I used the Tara Labs Grandmaster Evolution w/HFX grounding and my Trinity dac had a grounding post on the back. the grounding did make a difference. at that point I did not have my Tripoint but did use the Entreq Silver Tellus which also helped.

my perspective is that even with the battery powered darTZeel preamp grounding makes a huge difference as I now use it with the Tripoint. OTOH I respect that many designers are not expecting any improvement. but as curious audiophiles we always have to investigate.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Ah !--Thank you for the great pictures much appreciated--I know Chris--he invited me to the show but stuck damn!!!--with Renovations at home-grrrr!

I've heard the AE Demos with PT --superb host and gentlemen --the sound is superior in presentation to any other Audio show I've attended

it is indeed World class-- and the benchmark for the Patrons

Maybe next year;)

BruceD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing