Audio Research options for W/P 8's

audiojan

Jul 23, 2021
In there perfect world, I would like to simplify my system with an integrated amp. Would GSi75's drive W/P 8's ok? My room is not enormous (15x25x8') and I never listen super loud (rarely even get into the 80's dB).

If not an integrated what about Ref75 (standard or SE) or VT80SE (love the idea of auto bias...)

If none of these are suitable, what tube amp or integrated tube amp would be?

I have Pass XA60.5's driven by a PS Audio BHK pre today. I would sell the equipment not needed and can add a few grand to that (just to give everyone an idea of the budget).

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I used a ref3 and ref210’s with mine, but sure the ref75 would do an excellent job for you.

Reactions: audiojan

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
That’s a positive buying items from well established long standing companies. There may be plenty who are better but when the time comes and you may wish to sell, there will be a much wider audience available.
good luck with your purchase

audiojan

Jul 23, 2021
Ref75SE is truly stunning with W/P 8’s!!! There’s a pair of Pass Labs XA60.5’s for sale now. Never thought I would replace them but the ARC amp just adds that little extra intangible.

Reactions: Daverich4

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing