Axpona 2021 moved until April 22-24 2022

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
When it comes to health issues and dealing with problems, I don't think luck has much to do with it. I trust and rely on the medical professionals I see on a regular basis. As a team, we've gotten me this far.
The immune system doesn’t block you from getting a virus, it cures you when you get it. If you were at an event where multiple people got Covid, your we’re lucky if you didn’t get it. It has nothing to with your immune system.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Just wondering allvinyl, but do you know what is in all the medicines and supplements you take?
Yes, I research everything I take. I call the supplement mfgrs and talk to them about where they source their materials. I am down from 6 to 3 meds; lisinopril, toprol, xarelto. I don't have any control over the meds. Two are generics, the xarelto doesn't have a generic. I'm lucky that these 3 meds don't cost a fortune in comparison to a lot of medications.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
The immune system doesn’t block you from getting a virus, it cures you when you get it. If you were at an event where multiple people got Covid, your we’re lucky if you didn’t get it. It has nothing to with your immune system.
OK, I don't want to argue with you about this. You can call it luck. OK, I was lucky. Perhaps I did get it and it didn't show up because I was tested so quickly. Recent antibody testing shows I don't have the antibodies at this time. What I know about that is the antibodies don't last in your system(according to those considered experts on the subject).

Reactions: jeff1225

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
OK, I don't want to argue with you about this. You can call it luck. OK, I was lucky. Perhaps I did get it and it didn't show up because I was tested so quickly. Recent antibody testing shows I don't have the antibodies at this time. What I know about that is the antibodies don't last in your system(according to those considered experts on the subject).

Antibodies from vaccination last a long time, with only a slow decline. Moreover, once you are immunized, your body makes memory B cells, which remember the invader and are at the ready to be reactivated by infection to quickly produce the antibodies that they have already learned to make. Even when the existing antibodies in your blood have already been on the decline.

Here is a good explanation with a graph:

Last edited:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
You didn’t get it as two rounds of testing proved that. Maybe it wasn’t luck as you were smart enough to attend an open air event. It’s the close air events (especially with a buffet) that seem be the super spreading events.

Reactions: bonzo75 and Al M.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Last edited:

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
No need to get upset. I am very sorry to hear about your health condition. There are people like you who have legitimate concerns -- there is in general no evidence that the vaccine has negative effects on the heart except in some exceedingly rare cases (statistical chances *extremely* low), but in your particular health condition I can understand the concerns.

When I wrote "all" I meant basically all except a small minority of people with legitimate concern based on their health condition. For people like you for whom vaccination is a real concern, or the many immunocompromised ones (up to 5 % of the population), it is the more important that everyone around them is vaccinated in order to protect them. As a society we have a responsibility toward one another.

But common vaccine conspiracies are no "legitimate concern", and *very* few people qualify for genuine legitimate concerns. The vaccine is incredibly effective and safe -- as safe as, or safer than, any medication now fully FDA approved (which is now the case for Pfizer/BioNTech).
Your user name checks out.
YES INDEED , it does! And I am proud of it too!

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
Ridiculous. I don't wanna die or suffer from long term Covid effects, including career ending ones like brain impairment ("mental fog") and chronic fatigue. That simple. Has nothing to do with conspiracies, but with facts. There is no "return to our lives" until all get vaccinated.

If all people were not listening to stupid conspiracies about the very real pandemic (not "pandemic") and the vaccines and also had a sense of social responsibility to others, and would get vaccinated, the pandemic would be over, at least in the US.

I am vaccinated, but still have to suffer the consequences from those refusing to get vaccinated -- including having to worry about the health of my 9 year old godson who is not yet eligible for vaccination. That also means no large gatherings for me for the time being, including going to concerts. I don't want to become a carrier of the virus.

Given the nonsense that you spout it doesn't sound like you've been vaccinated either.
T
Ridiculous. I don't wanna die or suffer from long term Covid effects, including career ending ones like brain impairment ("mental fog") and chronic fatigue. That simple. Has nothing to do with conspiracies, but with facts. There is no "return to our lives" until all get vaccinated.

If all people were not listening to stupid conspiracies about the very real pandemic (not "pandemic") and the vaccines and also had a sense of social responsibility to others, and would get vaccinated, the pandemic would be over, at least in the US.

I am vaccinated, but still have to suffer the consequences from those refusing to get vaccinated -- including having to worry about the health of my 9 year old godson who is not yet eligible for vaccination. That also means no large gatherings for me for the time being, including going to concerts. I don't want to become a carrier of the virus.

Given the nonsense that you spout it doesn't sound like you've been vaccinated either.
YOu will not suffer anything from others who are not vaccinated. On the contrary, as you can search to see whats going in Ireand and Israel with their model 85 % vaccination rates. The fact that you ve had a vaccine (albeit of questionable origin) MIGHT ease your suffering should you get infected. The vaccines DO NOT prevent the spread of a virus, learn your facts you conformist berk!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alrainbow

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
YOu will not suffer anything from others who are not vaccinated.

Well, as I said. But fortunately I live in the state with the second highest vaccination rate and and thus far relatively low case number. Were I living in a state with high case numbers and a prohibition of mask mandates in schools I would be both worried sick about my 9-year old godson, and livid, and so would be his parents.

On the contrary, as you can search to see whats going in Ireand and Israel with their model 85 % vaccination rates.

I looked today, and rates of full vaccination of the population were 66 % and 60 % respectively, for Ireland and Israel. Learn your facts.

Here is a nice illustration for you what happens in the US states with the lowest and highest vaccination rates in terms of hospitalizations:

The graph speaks for itself.

The vaccines DO NOT prevent the spread of a virus, learn your facts you conformist berk!

"The vaccines DO NOT prevent the spread of a virus, so learn you have learned your facts you conformist berk informed citizen!"

Here, fixed it for ya.

BTW, I am not just a generally informed citizen, but more specifically also a scientist, a biochemist. For me getting the shot was an absolute no-brainer. Having followed the development and testing of the vaccines closely, and having understood the science, I did not have a single moment of vaccine hesitancy and could not get my shot fast enough, as soon as I was eligible.

For prevention of spread by vaccines, see the link in my last post.

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
Well, as I said. But fortunately I live in the state with the second highest vaccination rate and and thus far relatively low case number. Were I living in a state with high case numbers and a prohibition of mask mandates in schools I would be both worried sick about my 9-year old godson, and livid, and so would be his parents.

I looked today, and rates of full vaccination of the population were 66 % and 60 % respectively, for Ireland and Israel. Learn your facts.

Here is a nice illustration for you what happens in the US states with the lowest and highest vaccination rates in terms of hospitalizations:

The graph speaks for itself.

"The vaccines DO NOT prevent the spread of a virus, learn your facts you conformist berk informed citizen!"

Here, fixed it for ya.

BTW, I am not just a generally informed citizen, but more specifically also a scientist, a biochemist. For me getting the shot was an absolute no-brainer. Having followed the development and testing of the vaccines closely, and having understood the science, I did not have a single moment of vaccine hesitancy and could not get my shot fast enough, as soon as I was eligible.

For prevention of spread by vaccines, see the link in my last post.
It might be a surprise to you, but you are NOT the only "scientist" around... Ever heard of the game theorists? Here you ve just had a " privilege " of one giving you points.. Cherish this moment while it lasts, till the Gamma variant comes out and grabs your destroyed immune system by a tuchus.... ;)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
It might be a surprise to you, but you are NOT the only "scientist" around... Ever heard of the game theorists? Here you ve just had a " privilege " of one giving you points.. Cherish this moment while it lasts, till the Gamma variant comes out and grabs your destroyed immune system by a tuchus.... ;)

That's a funny post.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
are you one of the persons that booed Trump when he told the people In Alabama to get a vaccine.

Please keep going….I find you so entertaining.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Please cease this vaccination discussion immediately.

Please take this vaccination debate and member's personal heart condition discussion somewhere else -- like to Facebook or to PMs or to your private emails.

Thank you.

Last edited:

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
I purposefully don't have social media accounts but I understand and respect WBF rules so I'm done in this thread.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Dear AXPONA Community,

As we look ahead to the spring, we want to provide an update on the plans for AXPONA 2022. The show is on and we are very excited to see the return of AXPONA, April 22 – 24, 2022.

AXPONA is continuing its mission to serve the audio industry in North America. Auditioning and listening to high resolution audio equipment in person is the single best method for new product introductions and product discovery. So many dealers, manufacturers and distributors are telling us AXPONA should take place in April. Attendees are buying tickets every day, anticipating the return of AXPONA to reconnect with old friends and buy new gear.

We are mindful of the current status of the pandemic and also know things will evolve in the months to come. We also appreciate that travelling and attending a show in April will not be for everyone and we respect anyone who prefers to stay home. It is encouraging that in this current environment, many well established tradeshows are once again being held on schedule.

We are committed to holding AXPONA in a safe environment for those who are excited to participate. Everyone will be required to show either proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event. Details on this process will be communicated in March. Per the current Cook County Department of Public Health, anyone aged two and over must wear a mask while indoors in a public space, except when eating or drinking. If local guidance changes, we will share any updates with you. A full description of AXPONA’s current policies and guidelines is available and will be updated as needed on our website here.

The team is working hard to create a wonderful AXPONA show experience for you. There will be hundreds of exhibits of the finest high-end audio gear on display, including listening rooms, the Expo Hall, and the Ear Gear Experience. Audiophiles and music lovers will shop for music in the Record Fair, enjoy live concerts on Friday and Saturday nights, and learn from experts who will be sharing their knowledge in the seminar program.

We look forward to bringing the audio community together again and doing what we do best – celebrating and enjoying high-fidelity music, in-person at AXPONA!

See you in April!

Its time to take back our lives and live again!!!!
Bending Wave will be exhibiting and proudly showing Göbel Speakers and Wadax Digital
Club Room 15th Floor

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Time to start thinking about AXPONA 2022. The last time I was at AXPONA 2019 I came to Chicago early to attend the Chicago Symphony the day before AXPONA started. I'm considering doing the same thing this year.

On April 21 and 22, The Chicago Symphony is performing Mahler's 6th conducted by Jaap Van Zweden. I'd prefer to attend the Thurs night 8 pm show. Plenty of good seats available ($170-$225). Van Zweden is currently the conductor of the NY Phil and prior was the conductor of the Dallas Symphony where I was a regular. He's a legitimate Mahlerite so the CSO performance should be world class. Of course, after this performance, you may need a Prozac as its one of the most depressing symphonies ever written (about a man who loses it all). Indeed the theme is tragedy and it duly contains the famous "hammer blow of fate" which is typically reproduced inadequately by many home systems. It is not a symphony for "laid back" listening. It will rip your heart out and is made all the more perplexing because it was written on what was generally considered a happy period in Mahler's life. Then again, with Mahler, nothing was as it seemed. I find it the hardest Mahler symphony to listen to, but it is undoubtedly a masterpiece, especially in the hands a first rate orchestra With the CSO, which arguably has the best low brass section in the world, this is a performance not to miss.

PM me if interested. I would like to buy tix ASAP.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing