Axpona 2021 moved until April 22-24 2022

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
August 23, 2021

Dear AXPONA Community,

AXPONA will be rescheduled from October 29-31, 2021 until April 22-24, 2022.

Throughout this spring and early summer, enthusiasm for AXPONA in October was sky high. Attendees were buying tickets, exhibitors were making plans and the media were requesting their press passes. But in recent weeks Covid cases in the US, due largely to the Delta variant, have been spiking again which has adversely impacted consumer travel behavior and corporate travel decisions.

Exhibitors and attendees travel to AXPONA from throughout the United States and from more than 40 other countries. Over the last few weeks, citing concerns over personal health, the unpredictability of international travel restrictions and reinstated companywide travel bans, many community members have told us they are unwilling or unable to commit to AXPONA in October.

So we have worked with our Renaissance Schaumburg venue partner to return AXPONA to its traditional spring timeframe in 2022, April 22–24, and we secured future dates from April 14-16, 2023 and April 12-14, 2024. We look forward to full participation in April with over 200 listening rooms, the Ear Gear Experience, Record Fair, Expo Hall, live concerts, networking events and so much more fun for audio gear buyers and sellers from all over the world to safely enjoy.

Lastly, we support other industry gatherings that go ahead this fall as planned. We believe business and consumer events can be successfully held during these times so long as responsible health and safety measures are implemented and adhered to. In fact, we look forward to seeing many of you at some of these upcoming events soon.

We will be in touch with all AXPONA participants in the days and weeks ahead about the April show. If you have immediate questions, please feel free to reach out to us. Ticket holders may call or send questions to Liz Smith and exhibitors and sponsors may call or send questions to Mark Freed.

Until then, stay safe and healthy and immersed in great sounding music!

Sincerely,

Liz Miller Smith Mark Freed

Reactions: Alrainbow

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Ridiculous. I don't wanna die or suffer from long term Covid effects, including career ending ones like brain impairment ("mental fog") and chronic fatigue. That simple. Has nothing to do with conspiracies, but with facts. There is no "return to our lives" until all get vaccinated.

If all people were not listening to stupid conspiracies about the very real pandemic (not "pandemic") and the vaccines and also had a sense of social responsibility to others, and would get vaccinated, the pandemic would be over, at least in the US.

I am vaccinated, but still have to suffer the consequences from those refusing to get vaccinated -- including having to worry about the health of my 9 year old godson who is not yet eligible for vaccination. That also means no large gatherings for me for the time being, including going to concerts. I don't want to become a carrier of the virus.

Given the nonsense that you spout it doesn't sound like you've been vaccinated either.
So sorry but ALL will not be vaccinated. Having been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy / congestive heart failure, from of all things a virus, at age 39, turning 71 on 9/2, I won't take the chance that the 'vaccine' won't compound my heart issues. I guess we won't be hangin' out together any time soon. Have a safe and nice day... :)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
So sorry but ALL will not be vaccinated. Having been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy / congestive heart failure, from of all things a virus, at age 39, turning 71 on 9/2, I won't take the chance that the 'vaccine' won't compound my heart issues. I guess we won't be hangin' out together any time soon. Have a safe and nice day... :)

No need to get upset. I am very sorry to hear about your health condition. There are people like you who have legitimate concerns -- there is in general no evidence that the vaccine has negative effects on the heart except in some exceedingly rare cases (statistical chances *extremely* low), but in your particular health condition I can understand the concerns.

When I wrote "all" I meant basically all except a small minority of people with legitimate concern based on their health condition. For people like you for whom vaccination is a real concern, or the many immunocompromised ones (up to 5 % of the population), it is the more important that everyone around them is vaccinated in order to protect them. As a society we have a responsibility toward one another.

But common vaccine conspiracies are no "legitimate concern", and *very* few people qualify for genuine legitimate concerns. The vaccine is incredibly effective and safe -- as safe as, or safer than, any medication now fully FDA approved (which is now the case for Pfizer/BioNTech).

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
As much as I love having people over to hear my system, hearing theirs and going to jazz clubs, I can wait as long as it takes before this passes. Fully vaxxed and will get a booster as soon as I should. I also do not eat indoors anywhere, except my home.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
As much as I love having people over to hear my system, hearing theirs and going to jazz clubs, I can wait as long as it takes before this passes. Fully vaxxed and will get a booster as soon as I should. I also do not eat indoors anywhere, except my home.

I have fully vaxxed people over to listen, and come over to hear their systems. But getting booster when I can, no concerts for now, no indoor dining at restaurants (outdoors, yes) -- agree with you on all of this.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Such postponements will not end in the foreseeable future! This "pandemic" is too big of money & power grab making machine for all rotten governmental & affiliated private companies principals involved to just let us return to our lives......
Your user name checks out.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Why have you put quotes around the word ‘vaccine.’ ?

Reactions: Al M.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
No need to get upset. I am very sorry to hear about your health condition. There are people like you who have legitimate concerns -- there is in general no evidence that the vaccine has negative effects on the heart except in some exceedingly rare cases (statistical chances *extremely* low), but in your particular health condition I can understand the concerns.

I should add that in general the chances of heart complications from actually getting Covid are vastly higher than the chances of getting them from the vaccine -- incomparably higher.

Reactions: bonzo75

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Why have you put quotes around the word ‘vaccine.’ ?
I don't know what's in it. Where can one find that detail? I have managed to avoid a heart transplant for 30 years by doing a lot of research. If someone can point me to a document that details these vaccines I can probably make sense of it.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I don't know what's in it. Where can one find that detail? I have managed to avoid a heart transplant for 30 years by doing a lot of research. If someone can point me to a document that details these vaccines I can probably make sense of it.

I would think think/hope that your cardiologist would help you navigate this since you have an underlying risk.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
If you have avoided getting a heart transplant for 30 years it sounds like you have had excellent medical care. I would consult your cardiologist regarding the vaccine. My father had a triple bypass three years ago and his cardiologist was quite insistent that he got the vaccine.

The risk of death from Covid-19 is very high with people with heart conditions. With the exponential increase of transmission from the Delta variant, it’s much easier to catch than last season’s variant.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
I should add that in general the chances of heart complications from actually getting Covid are vastly higher than the chances of getting them from the vaccine -- incomparably higher.
Yes, I know and believe that. I have a robust immune system because of my lifestyle habits and supplementation regimen. Last Haloween I was at an outdoor bonfire with friends. I received a call the next Tuesday from one of them; he told me he was sick and had tested positive for covid. Over the next 24 hours each of the other 10 people at the bonfire all tested positive. Because of my age and health risks I was fast-track tested on Thursday of that week and received the results later that same day -- negative. Since last October I have had 4 additional covid tests, all negative, and 2 heart procedures. I just got out of the hospital this past Wednesday for a mitra-clip procedure on my heart's mitral valve Tuesday morning. No offense meant, but until I am absolutely sure about the "will do no harm" status of these 'vaccines', I'm going to stick with what God gave me. It has and continues to serve and protect me well...

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
If you have avoided getting a heart transplant for 30 years it sounds like you have had excellent medical care. I would consult your cardiologist regarding the vaccine. My father had a triple bypass three years ago and his cardiologist was quite insistent that he got the vaccine.

The risk of death from Covid-19 is very high with people with heart conditions. With the exponential increase of transmission from the Delta variant, it’s much easier to catch than last season’s variant.
My cardiologists and I have consulted and they are OK with my decision. Yes, in spite of Delta.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
My cardiologists and I have consulted and they are OK with my decision. Yes, in spite of Delta
I meant to add that I had an angiogram 2 weeks ago as a preparatory test for the mitral valve procedure. My cardiologist told me my arteries/veins are "squeaky clean". I have the photos to prove it.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Last edited:

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Yes, I know and believe that. I have a robust immune system because of my lifestyle habits and supplementation regimen. Last Haloween I was at an outdoor bonfire with friends. I received a call the next Tuesday from one of them; he told me he was sick and had tested positive for covid. Over the next 24 hours each of the other 10 people at the bonfire all tested positive. Because of my age and health risks I was fast-track tested on Thursday of that week and received the results later that same day -- negative. Since last October I have had 4 additional covid tests, all negative, and 2 heart procedures. I just got out of the hospital this past Wednesday for a mitra-clip procedure on my heart's mitral valve Tuesday morning. No offense meant, but until I am absolutely sure about the "will do no harm" status of these 'vaccines', I'm going to stick with what God gave me. It has and continues to serve and protect me well...

I'm glad that you didn't catch Covid! Good that it was an outdoor event.

By the way, the fact that you have a robust immune system does not protect you from not getting Covid, it would only potentially make the symptoms milder once you catch it. But with your heart condition the risk for severe symptoms may be higher.

Last edited:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the immune system works. Good luck out there.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
I think the photos are mostly self explanatory except for the wire leads from my pacemaker/defibrillator. You haven't lived until you've been shocked by one these devices when awake. I wouldn't wish it on anyone...

Attachments

• HEART RIGHT002.jpg
    HEART RIGHT002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • HEART LEFT002.jpg
    HEART LEFT002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the immune system works. Good luck out there.
When it comes to health issues and dealing with problems, I don't think luck has much to do with it. I trust and rely on the medical professionals I see on a regular basis. As a team, we've gotten me this far.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing