AXPONA 2023

Edwardo's is gone!!! Mod pizza that replaced the google ads is a far cry from representing Chicago style pizza. I would recommend trying to find Connies pizza. Malnati's pizza is like soup.

Axpona is a 20-25 minute drive for me so I like dropping in.

I’ll be there.

Reactions: Ron Resnick
One thing I am getting a bit disappointed about is that it seems that there will be far fewer rooms than in the past playing vinyl.
A treat from. CAF 2022 was Ann Bisson singing along with her dorect to disc recordong.

I'm looking forward to reading folks impressions of the Dutch & Dutch 8c's there.

Not to be demanding is there a way to do a meet and greet in person there ? For us members
just for a few mins to chat and see each other.
I think it could be nice to be able to put faces with the names :) How we could do it, I'm not sure. And when to do it??? Maybe in the morning before the exhibits open so it doesn't impede on our time to be able to see and hear everything that is on offer. It always seems, at least to me, that there is never enough time to take it all in, even though I'm there for the 3 days, lol.

Saturday night is customary. Either for dinner or an exhibitors extended listening session.
Sadly I will not be there.

For all those planning on attending AXPONA 2023, I have compiled from the website and data made available to me: working lists of the show exhibitors. There are two lists within the linked file. 1 - sorted alphabetically by exhibitor name. 2 - sorted in ascending order by location (room)

WBF AXPONA 2023 Exhibitor List

I'll keep these up on my server until the last day of the show.

Thank you very much, David!

Not to be demanding is there a way to do a meet and greet in person there ? For us members
just for a few mins to chat and see each other.

Text me when you get there, Al!

Edwardo's is gone!!!

???

Edwardo's is not gone. The Dearborn location is now take-out and delivery only, unfortunately.

I’ll be spending time in the Bayz room, please do stop by.

Reactions: sbnx and Alrainbow
Is Prana Distribution/Destination Audio bringing a big horn speaker?
Ron, regrettably Prana will not be there with Destination horns and SE amplifiers this year. Next year I'm hoping!

I'm proud to say we will have a suite with Von Schweikert, Lampizator, and of course Westminster Labs Rei monos, Quest preamp (with the new MC phono stage) and a complete suite of WL cables. With respect to vinyl, don't fret, Ralf, the developer of the Ars Machinae M1 turntable and Ligne tonearm is schlepping his favorite classical records from Germany so there will be lots of good vinyl in rotation. For those that don't know Ars Machinae this will be the first showing of the Ars Machinae record playing system in North America. The simple description is a modern day table from Southern Germany with a distinctly Simon York gestalt.

Finally, Angus will also be traveling from HK making his North American show debut for Westminster, as well as supporting his colleagues from Lumin which we are quite excited about!
Room # 1509

Attachments

• IMG-20230326-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230326-WA0000.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 15
???

Edwardo's is not gone. The Dearborn location is now take-out and delivery only, unfortunately.
The carryout/delivery by me in Bloomingdale/hanover park closed up. Glad to hear there's still another around.

WBF MEET-UP!!!

On Thursday let's all meet at the bar at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center at 8:00 pm!

WBF MEET-UP!!!

On Thursday let's all meet at the bar at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center at 8:00 pm!
Sounds like fun, Ron!
Looking forward

Cheers, Hans.

Reactions: Ron Resnick
I'll be there, working the Scaena room and roaming the floors as well. Would live to meet any and all.

1680102085739.png

With new and updated information courtesy of the team at AXPONA HQ, I now have a more complete PDF file of the rooms and all their respective brands. Due to the number of brands in so many rooms, sorting by room/location would be a bit too taxing ... even for me : ) This list is sorted by company names of the Manufacturers/Distributors/Dealers responsible for each location.

Here is the link: https://bit.ly/3ncTUAA

WBF MEET-UP!!!

Ron, How will I know it is you? :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing