Axpona 22’ pictures

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
A very cool tribute ML
cool link. my Ml stuff is after he left I think but chello is a name very well regarded
I have a good story from owner of boulder if we meet to talk.
he sat all three days outside the DS audio room
I chatted for an hour with him. he said he had focals in his factory to use as a ref
i wish I could share here lol.
I can only imagine... LOL Say no more... ;-)

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Do you really feel that you are entitled to have these companies to come to you and your buddy for validation and approval?
Why don't you just buy a Wadax? DarTZeel? and all the others that you don't approve of? I sincerely don't understand why someone owes you anything.. I really want to know with all due respect Mike. Please explain it to us.
Oy Vey, are you here in this plane of existence Elliot ? First of all , Im independent and have no partner, no financier, no landlord and no buddy. I speak for myself only. I never asked nor suggested that Wadax come to me. In Fact, I offered to drive 12 hours to come to hear your illustrious WADAX machine. If you had listened you would recognize I stood up for DarTZeel and mentioned Id seen them at every show up until last AXPONA, so they were not a "Bigfoot".
My opinion means nothing and everyone has their own. But I am honest with HiFi and I give credit where its due. Again, the idea of a $165K DAC has me very intrigued. The word from AXPONA 2022 was that the WADAX / Goebel rooms did not sound great. Rather than parrot that out, Id rather drive 12 hours and listen for myself. Based on what Ive heard, the brand is more show than go. Hearsay means nothing to me, so Id like to validate the brand for myself because Im interested, and my 14,000 Audiophile Subscribers would love to see what this brand is all about. If it blows away my Playback Designs MPD-8, I will be compelled to buy one. And I guess it would be from you. Im sure if I came to purchase one, I could call you "My friend " all day long.... All Im doing Elliot is weeding through the typical HiFi dealer hubris to get to the goods... Im interested in the brand, not in you my fine feathered not-friend. Im going to work some extra hours at the Mc Donalds drive through this weekend, so excuse me for parting ways now...

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Perhaps if you acted like a gentleman and behaved like an adult all of your dreams could come true. The word on the street about you is not a very nice one. My room was open to anyone including you at Axpona 2022. If you had come and introduced yourself I would have gladly given you some time and played the system for you. You choose to behave in a different manner and diminish the show and its participants.
I did not create the "hubris" and to be frank its really a tempest in a teapot. Honest you just laid shade on my room YET you didn't hear it for yourself. Hmmm
As I said no one owes you anything Mike and the first impression that you have left wasn't well received. It didn't come with Fries either!
Maybe you can grow up, apologize and start fresh but I am not waiting for that .

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Perhaps if you acted like a gentleman and behaved like an adult all of your dreams could come true. The word on the street about you is not a very nice one. My room was open to anyone including you at Axpona 2022. If you had come and introduced yourself I would have gladly given you some time and played the system for you. You choose to behave in a different manner and diminish the show and its participants.
I did not create the "hubris" and to be frank its really a tempest in a teapot. Honest you just laid shade on my room YET you didn't hear it for yourself. Hmmm
As I said no one owes you anything Mike and the first impression that you have left wasn't well received. It didn't come with Fries either!
Maybe you can grow up, apologize and start fresh but I am not waiting for that .
OOH ! I guess something hit home, huh ? You like to talk smack old El. Again, you think accusing me of exactly what you do will somehow morph reality. These are intelligent readers. Perhaps you missed your calling as a politician.
"word on the street" ?? lol. Of West Palm ? Youd have to get outside first.
AXPONA 2022 was the same old rehashed B.S. and anyone thats been doing this more than 10 years knows this. Zero innovation, same sales blabber, exponential price hike . So for you to suck up to the the show organizers is apropo. You are trying to float a very expensive lead balloon and making no headway. The only shot is marketing and paid for reviews. I feel sorry for the dealers that must schlep to the shows, then step all over their toes to get a lame "show mention" by some Journalism major which brings no ROI. This happens only to guys like you with spectacle "Shock and Awe" $165K ridiculousness. Because its a train wreck and people cant turn away from the gaud. The good guys working hard with small companies are overlooked, so I featured them on my channel. Your outright arrogance and high school like behavior exemplify exactly what I stand against in this industry. Thats why I thanked you for your textbook reply which I will use as a perfect example of what I mean.
You have no idea the support Ive received in standing to you, so the one or two guys who bought your Wadax that did not get a good "First" impression is understandable and I dont hold it against them. Ill be happy to come to their place and attempt to show up the Wadax with a $24K DAC. Perhaps they will understand the spirit of finding truth in HiFi and be more accommodating than you were. Either way I dont care. Id just as soon blow the brand off as farce. Im simply giving you an opportunity to put your money where your mouth is and have me visit your store. LOL, whats the big deal ??? If its so good, it should be clear. Show it off and Ill promote it for free !
I never said anyone owes me a thing. and unlike some others, I owe nothing to anyone else other than to be myself and stand for integrity in HiFi without the BS Bravado and blow hard salesmanship.
You so far are my poster boy for "old school", unwelcome 1980's hifi sales techniques. Maybe you should connect with the new generation of buyers that I represent... That will take you getting off your high horse and coming down to earth. Youre not in Brooklyn anymore. There is no fight.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
I just want express my appreciation to you guys for this Mano o' Mano Insult Hurl. It has been entertaining. It appears you both are well equipped to dish it and take it and will be none the worse for all the flying fur.

But, I for one, think you probably have a lot more to agree about than not and would value your different perspectives minus the personal mud slinging.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I just want express my appreciation to you guys for this Mano o' Mano Insult Hurl. It has been entertaining. It appears you both are well equipped to dish it and take it and will be none the worse for all the flying fur.

But, I for one, think you probably have a lot more to agree about than not and would value your different perspectives minus the personal mud slinging.
I've hit the ignore button Wil. I will go back to the regularly scheduled programming. I do apologize to the community it won't happen again from me.

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
AXPONA 2022 was the same old rehashed B.S. and anyone thats been doing this more than 10 years knows this. Zero innovation, same sales blabber, exponential price hike .
If you wish street cred, such apocryphal statements need to be held in check, even if you really think they are true (which in this case it clearly isn't).

Reactions: Scaena1

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
If you wish street cred, such apocryphal statements need to be held in check, even if you really think they are true (which in this case it clearly isn't).
Ralph, you are one of the golden examples that would not meet my generalized comment. Let me ask, did any of the Audio Media feature your innovation and note that you did not use a Class D module that you actually designed your own ? Afterward any comment on what a great value it was for a pair of monos ? If your answer is No, then my statement stands true... same old BS. Passionate audiophile small companies going unmentioned because there's no money in it for the mainstream audio media. I mentioned you in my AXPONA video as an example of innovation and value. Perhaps you missed it.

Last edited:

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
One of my friends told me the new KMD Orchestalls Reference speakers at $32K were the best at this show period !
They were using very cheap gear and cables with a very cheap Yamaha CD Player !!

https://www.axpona.com/exhibitor/company-detail.asp?ID=27772
They did sound great. Only drawback is the weight is excessive and they ship from Korea. And low WAF. Other than that I loved the sound enough to consider importing them and spoke with them about it. Problem is the price they were selling for was wholesale direct pricing, which made an attractive retail price to offset the drawbacks. So from a dealer perspective I dont think it makes sense. If they sell direct, I think its a great value.

Reactions: hicr49

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Ralph, you are one of the examples that would not meet my generalized comment. Let me ask, did any of the Audio Media feature your innovation and note that you did not use a Class D module that you actually designed your own ? Afterward any comment on what a great value it was ?
Mike, in this case you are spot on... the audio press has multiple reviews, sightings, comments on the big, frequent advertising brands, but the small guys get hardly a mention. Too bad "show coverage" doesn't.

Reactions: hicr49

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
No, they commented that we did use a module that we designed on our own ;)
Ralph, that is a blurry pic but looks like a Guzzi or R-Bike ? Since you are in MN I hope you have an Aerostitch ! I think we need to organize an audio ride.. we can tour to rigs along the way.. Jeff Rowland is a touring guy, on and off road. Eveanna Manley tours as well..

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Mike, in this case you are spot on... the audio press has multiple reviews, sightings, comments on the big, frequent advertising brands, but the small guys get hardly a mention. Too bad "show coverage" doesn't.
Oy Gevalt ! My part is to feature these unsung brands.

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015

Well, Im all for entertaining, but I cant stand this kind of schoolyard stuff. Im all for making friends although that includes being treated with respect as an equal Human that has commensurate experience in HiFi with potentially stronger technical skill.. So Ill openly state that Im willing to be civil and offer friendly discussion for you guys, the readers. I feel we owe it to you as industry experts. I feel someone was very assumptive about my tenure and expertise in the industry. I dont even need an apology for the unsolicited disrespect, as the McDonalds thing will be a dis' I ll ride for years to come on this forum. LOL. Ive got no hate for the player, only the game.. The game is tired.. Time to stop.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Your both correct and while I don’t sell anything nor do i consider myself an expert of any kind
having said this at any audio show big names get commented on
but life is not always fair
a few rooms I loved and asked about got no mensions asside of one who said he was there
triangle audio is just great analog as is nick doshi
again just my views
this industry like most need to make all money so how things get scaled is not always evenly balanced in quality sound and mentions

as for bashing I get there side too. Some here whom I had no idea how long have been in this industry Also get a lack of nods too like ralph for one.
all in all it’s fun but negative energy can be unfair

on a great note im lucky tomorrow to visit an audio dealer who I feel is an industry top contender
always has stuff to be amazed in sound and looks a very difficult combo to have.

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
I’m going to hold you to your word. Frankly I’m tired of the mud slinging and it better stop
Thank God. Its ridiculous Steve. Ill point out anyone starting the mud slinging with me to you. I NEVER start on your forums. I simply show up to stand for myself once its started.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing