Beating a traffic ticket

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
My ex-boss at Sony years ago used to tell me about this argument with respect to speeding tickets. So I think someone else had made the same argument.

My ex-boss at Sony years ago used to tell me about this argument with respect to speeding tickets. So I think someone else had made the same argument.

Of course, I would not try honesty by admitting that I am red/green colorblind since I might beat the ticket but lose my license. Fortunately, I have never been caught.............er............ticketed for passing a red light. Almost everything else.

Some guys are just smooth talkers. Last week there was a guy in the news whose wife suspected he was cheating on her. She hired a PI to catch him who was female and her husband ended up having sex with the PI.

Prof's Yaris must have been fitted with an F1 KERS system. LOL.

Mark, imagine if she had unwittingly hired the person her husband was already having an affair with. Odds would be up there along with death by jumper.

I read once that a Physist tried to get out of running a red light by saying the light "Phase shifted" to green. The judge had to look up what Phase shifting of light was and he came back to the Physist that he could either pay the $200 fine for running the red light or pay the speeding ticket. The physist took the running of the red light because he would have to have been approaching the speed of light for color of light to shift to another color.

My wife frequently talks her way out of tickets.

One time, I was with her when she was pulled over and saw how she does it.

She's just very conciliatory, thanks the cop for pulling her over and bringing her infraction to her attention, tells how helpful he's being, etc.

I couldn't believe it.

Later, I met a highway patrolman at a party, told him the story and asked him if this would work on him.

He told me it would.

What he said was interesting.

He said that the driver usually tells him with his/her demeanor whether he/she "needs" a ticket or not.

If a driver has any kind of crappy attitude about being pulled over, that driver is going to get a ticket.

If the driver is conciliatory, recognizes and shows deference to the officer's authority, it isn't a guarantee of getting out of a ticket, but it's your best chance.

He allowed that, yes, this is one reason women get fewer tickets -- because guys more often resent having this kind of authority wielded over them.

That's certainly true for me.

I've used her approach several times since and have gotten out of some tickets, which often surprises both me and my passengers, who usually cannot believe how conciliatory I become.

It's tough to do, gotta swallow that pride, but you're better off getting out of that ticket before you are dragged into court.

"No, I wasn't aware that I was going over the speed limit. I don't want to do that. Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention!"

You might feel like a cornball doing it, but sometimes it works.

You, sir, have a smart wife.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing