Best DAC for Pink Faun? Aqua formula xHD, dCS Vivaldi, or TotalDAC d1-unity? Thanks in advance!

I agree my new totaldac triunity + sublime reclocker sounds amazing
wow it's an exceptional source!!!
what did you have before? and what are the improvements?

I have Sublime with a double Reclock sublime! the second reclock gave more naturalness and a greater sense of organicity, the time you perceive as a greater closeness to the music

Reactions: clearsound
wow it's an exceptional source!!!
what did you have before? and what are the improvements?

I have Sublime with a double Reclock sublime! the second reclock gave more naturalness and a greater sense of organicity, the time you perceive as a greater closeness to the music
I had many DACs Lampizator, Wadax, Moon, Aries Cerat, dCS, Bricasti, Chord, etc. but neither played as naturally as Totaldac

Reactions: gionaz
Two choices in your price point are exceptional. I represent one so grains of salt apply. The Lampizator Posidean is well near perfect. With a retail of $25k, it's a slight but worthy stretch. The Posidean is not colored like the Pacific (albeit beautifully so). Still, it reaches close to the Horizon, which is why Lukaz created a new digital engine and other updates for the latest Horizon 360. In short, it's a breakthrough at this price point.

The other is a new Wavedream Reference DAC Rockna Audio. I signed on to be their US distributor after hearing the current generation DAC at Munich 2024, playing alongside Trafomatic amplification and Tune Audio speakers. The sound was superbly musical, and when Sasa shared that he would not listen to digital on anything but Nicholae's designs, I was sold. The first units are expected to hit our shores in late December, with a projected retail of $24,000.

Whatever you decide, there has never been a better time to purchase a great DAC! Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG-20240818-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240818-WA0000.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20240818-WA0001 (1).jpg
    IMG-20240818-WA0001 (1).jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20240914-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240914-WA0000.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu