BEST300B.COM Tube Buying Experience?

L3RD

Apr 30, 2022
So do you guys think i should hold off ordering tubes form them?
I think that you should email Lukasz and ask what the lead time would be. That said, it still seems that they don't have things together just now, and frankly after they do ship the DAC I'll have no idea what's going on there. As to whether or not you ultimately order now or not it's your decision to make. You'll either get the tubes or a refund eventually, though as both dollars are floating no one knows whether or not you'll lose or gain if refunded... Wish I could be more helpful.

Clear Water

May 27, 2022
I realize that others have had good experiences with this merchant, but I am in the middle of a very poor buying experience. Here is the message I just sent to PayPal to dispute a transaction because I have not been able to get the merchant to respond to my e-mails for five weeks:

"The disputed transaction is for the purchase of four KR KT150 audio tubes. The attached e-mails will confirm that (i) I paid for the tubes on April 1, 2022, (ii) I e-mailed the merchant the next day to say I thought I had made a mistake as to the model and had a question about its compatibility with my equipment, and asked that the merchant contact me about it, (iii) having received no response from the merchant, I e-mailed again to cancel my order on April 5, (iv) on April 7 the merchant did respond and promised to check on my compatibility question and get back to me promptly, (v) despite my sending follow up e-mails on April 19, May 1, May 6 and May 11, I have not heard back from the merchant and (vi) in my last e-mail of May 11, I warned the merchant that I would contact PayPal and dispute the transaction, which I am now doing."
I had almost an identical experience in late May. I sent a PM to a well known member here regarding the situation, but I received no response either. Completely ghosted by the seller, I had no choice but to file a dispute with PayPal. On a whim I checked the best300b site, and the sale page appears to be defunct.

L3RD

Apr 30, 2022
I had almost an identical experience in late May. I sent a PM to a well known member here regarding the situation, but I received no response either. Completely ghosted by the seller, I had no choice but to file a dispute with PayPal. On a whim I checked the best300b site, and the sale page appears to be defunct.
When Lukasz finally decided to cancel my order for the BEST300B DAC I had already purchased over $1,500 worth of tubes for it. After telling me that this week they would be making BEST300B DACs, then without a word, they didn't. I guess his dog was eating the parts or some other lame excuse. I am not good at selling things, especially tubes. People often nit pick tubes, and I get that, but I had no way to listen to them to know if they were good or not, so I ended up giving them away to avoid further conflicts. I also figured out that if you get an adapter that replaces the 12AU7 with an E-6SN7, and bypass the output caps with ODAMs from VHAUDIO, you can get an Amber 3 to sound awesome. I suspect that the BEST300B would sound slightly better, but if I never have to deal with Lampizator again it'll still be too soon! I don't understand why people in business don't seem to believe in the old standard, under promise and over deliver, as well as say what you mean and mean what you say.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing