Bitcoin

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Come to think of it may be there is a great future for BC.
I just read this

Brussels Member Of Parliament To Take Full 2022 Salary In Bitcoin​

If getting paid in BC makes it impossible to trace down bribes and gifts i do see a bright future in the political arena

Last edited:
Reactions: analogsa

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Come to think of it may be there is a great future for BC.
I just read this

Brussels Member Of Parliament To Take Full 2022 Salary In Bitcoin​

If getting paid in BC makes it impossible to trace down bribes and gifts i do see a bright future in the political arena

Total opposite. You can track everything. It might take a minute to figure out their wallet (unless it's a custodian). Bitcoin is not a privacy coin.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Total opposite. You can track everything. It might take a minute to figure out their wallet (unless it's a custodian). Bitcoin is not a privacy coin.
Only if the wallet address was KYC.

Those who bought in 2009 and for quite a few years after without KYC are Scott free of tax obligations. They cannot be traced as they were never registered.

That said they'd need to find an exchange now without KYC to convert it to the currency they think they want.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Last paragraph is interesting. It might not be true.

At the end of the day if you have the wallet with the BTC in it, and they start asking awkward questions, I have no idea how they would take it. It is a global thing with regional tax laws, even if the USA think they own it, which they do not.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
You might be surprised about finding wallets. Maybe very surprised. Remember you don't have to find their wallet first, as anything associated may lead to it. If someone uses it very much the chances of it being found are fairly good. In fact law enforcement really likes how traceable it is...

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I would say if you use a VPN to access your wallet and there's no KYC associated with the wallet address the chances of being identified are close to zero.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Seems like the ransomware guys have it figured out. BTC enables their activities.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I would say if you use a VPN to access your wallet and there's no KYC associated with the wallet address the chances of being identified are close to zero.

Not really. Chain analysis is about the relations to your wallet, not whether or not you hid your location to some degree.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
But they basically have to be looking for you. If you only do DeFi they'll never know. If you are taking payments and paying things like mortgages etc it probably wouldn't be too hard regardless of VPN etc.

Reactions: Zero000

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Someone gave gold a kick in the butt , finally
2022 (2023) is gonna decide whether its gold or BTC ( or both) who will be inflation hedges .
I dont see stocks / real estate moving much higher

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Not really. Chain analysis is about the relations to your wallet, not whether or not you hid your location to some degree.
I think if you bought a load of bitcoin without KYC and kept the private key or keys offline like a sensible person (don't forget people used to buy it with cash) no amount of chain analysis can tie it to you.

With an encrypted VPN connection the VPN provider can't know what your doing when you access your wallet. Location hiding is just a plus. Plus fake GPS if using a phone with an anonymous SIM, say.

It's KYC that gives you away. That's why it has become so prevalent.

It can be done but this article makes a lot of the pitalls obvious.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The Russians are in on crypto. More so than the US as Gary Gensler tries to slow it all up by being useless and persecuting the entire industry.

Now it's a US/Russia crypto cold war.

Meanwhile while China are seemingly out I wouldn't be surprised to see the government itself accumulating.

Fabulous!:)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
BTC/crypto is likely enabling Putin to invade Ukraine as the sanctions he's threatened with won't be as effective. Also enabling NK to develop nukes.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
BTC/crypto is likely enabling Putin to invade Ukraine as the sanctions he's threatened with won't be as effective. Also enabling NK to develop nukes.
:rolleyes:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Please dave , lets not start a discussion on how the US $$$$ brings peace to the world

Lol, I might have been trolling just a little bit. I'm sure Putin and Kim love crypto though! :p

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
A lot of what he says is ( probably) true , but as he appears to be actively shorting the stock( Pfizer ) , he has a certain self interest as well off course

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing