Boulder integrated amplifier 866 start up issue (probably network issue)

yoyosamuel

Sep 6, 2018
Hi there,

I am a 866 owner in Shanghai. Yes, which is locked down for almost 45 days. After I updated my 866 to firmware 1.85 (the process was completed) and I began to set the input configs, 866 suddenly put itself into standby mode and the buttons in the front panel didn't work anymore.

I tried to restart it from the back on/off switch (without any ethercable connection), there would be two situations:
1. During the initializing process, it would putself into standby mode. After several minutes, it would try to start up again and during the initializing process, it went dark and standby again; (front panel buttons didn't respond at all)
2. After I checked with my wifi router, I found that the rasberry pi who was in charge of the pre-process of 866 was however connected to the my wifi (which I put into configuration before the firmware update). I thought it could be the wifi connection issue. So I changed my wifi ssid to a new one and then tried to restart my 866.
This time, it could finish its initializing process and showed a screen that indicated "866 could not connect to network and for wifi directmode, push bottons on the front panel or push mute botton to dismiss". Since the front panel buttons didn't respond at all. I still could not start it.

I have tried to write E-mail on Boulder's website, there was not any response.
Could anyone could help me to solve this issue? Or maybe help me forward my message to someone inside Boulder? It really got annoying since I really wish that I could at least enjoy music during the lockdown period. issue.jpg

yoyosamuel

Sep 6, 2018
Dear yoyosamuel, have you manage to resolve the issue with 866 ?
Yes~~I luckily got contact with a local dealer to clone the software in his 866 and sent it to me to fix it. It worked. However I found this is a public issue in Boulder's firmware manual. Now I have updated to the latest firmware. However, I could no longer change my personalized input image. Kind of get used to it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing