Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Gorgeous speakers!

Reactions: Scott W

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Vivids always sound great. Have always wanted the G4 for a small room. These 2 ways look like they would fit the bill as well.

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Who thought the big ones could have such a beautiful baby.

Vivid speakers have been amongst the most consistently good sounding speakers I have heard across shows and in different room/equipment conditions.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
So far these are awesome! The transparency and dynamics are, well Vivid . And not a hint of harshness. Bass is coming along nicely and so far these have some of the best bass response from a monitor speaker I have ever heard. Also I really love the color and so does my daughter who has a green car

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
So far these are awesome! The transparency and dynamics are, well Vivid . And not a hint of harshness. Bass is coming along nicely and so far these have some of the best bass response from a monitor speaker I have ever heard. Also I really love the color and so does my daughter who has a green car
Good to hear they sound fantastic.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
They are just so darn cute too!

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
My wife despite her love and admiration of modern design, vetoed Vivids (based on their website photos). I'm interested mostly in Kaya. That's ok -- she gets a vote!

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
My wife despite her love and admiration of modern design, vetoed Vivids (based on their website photos). I'm interested mostly in Kaya. That's ok -- she gets a vote!
Show your wife a picture of the Vivid speaker you are interested in, in black. Black seems to deemphasize the odd(I find it interesting) shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartolo

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
Show your wife a picture of the Vivid speaker you are interested in, in black. Black seems to deattenuate the odd(I find it interesting) shape.
"No Salvador Dali speakers." Im done for.

• Haha

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Scotty, what's the price? Reasonable or whacko?
Marty

Interesting. We should have Scoff price, reasonable price,. Whacko price.

First is the price audiophiles scoff at

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Scotty, what's the price? Reasonable or whacko?
Marty
In standard colors(Piano Black, Pearl White and Oyster Matte) retail price is $6500. Stand, only available in black are $2k.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ah, burn in. It's like the torture between starting a diet and starting to actually losing wait.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobvin

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ah, burn in. It's like the torture between starting a diet and starting to actually losing wait.

Actually you will lose weight quite fast initially due to the shock of the change in diet, then stagnate as your metabolism adjusts to the lower calorie intake. So the torture starts later, much like an audiophile who after the buying excitement realizes a bit later, what to do now

Reactions: Scott Naylor

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Actually you will lose weight quite fast initially due to the shock of the change in diet, then stagnate as your metabolism adjusts to the lower calorie intake. So the torture starts later, much like an audiophile who after the buying excitement realizes a bit later, what to do now
*Note to myself, include all possible caveats on humourous responses, if there's enough time in the day.

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
Who thought the big ones could have such a beautiful baby.

Vivid speakers have been amongst the most consistently good sounding speakers I have heard across shows and in different room/equipment conditions.

From what I've heard at shows, the Kaya had one attribute I never heard from a Oval or Giya - I could hear a little bit of cabinet sound at certain frequencies.

It was disconcerting at the time, and this was RMAF two years ago, so it may have just been that pair.

(It was the Kaya 90/Jeff Roland room.)

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Bel Canto gear running the Vivid S12's.

IMG_7573.JPG

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing