Broken wireless antenna

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I went to examine my Marantz av receiver. I notoced the antenna for wi-fi and bluetooth reception was broken along woth the mount. Iam probably the culprit since I was the last one to move it. Ouch!
The part appears to be inexpensive and user accessible.
I would like to upgrade to a flexible antenna.The OEM was cheap plastic. That explains why it broke. I would like to replace both left and right.
It appears left and right are still functional. The wire is intact. The peoblem is the antenna is broken off.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Thou shalt not void thy warranty! Contacting Marantz is anther matter. Involving a competent service representative is even greater still.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Allow me to take this oppurtunity to"blast" the poor warranty / customer service of Marantz USA. It is little more than a receptionist with no lnowledge of the product. She was unable to locate the antenna on her parts. Trust me not a one time occurence.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I have been unsuccessful in trying to locate a flexible antenna.
Furthermore it appears the Marantz is different from the Denon in the video above. Where the Denon is screwed in the Marantz is soldered. I am not sure I want tp purchase a quality solderong iron.

The good news is the part is inexpensive and available on the internet.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ugh! Sheet metal screws!!!!!##$$%%***!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
20200220_134728.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Mine is NR1608.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
They show up at the thrift store.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
All those are the screw-on type...it should be easy to replace...and super cheap.

You broke the one on the left, when facing the rear.
You're a WBF member, founding member, you have everything it takes to resolve any and all world's issues, including ones relating to audio and Wi-Fi antennae.

You don't need a PhD in Wi-Fi engineering to replace one of those little rear antennas that all new receivers and pre-pros and routers have. It's like a smooth walk in the ball park, nowhere near adjusting professionally a cartridge and tonearm on a turntable for optimal best performance.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing