Cables for new - dCS - Gryphon - Magico - system

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
"Best" will be different for each individual. All subjective and system dependent.
Disagree. In my experience there are occassional system dependencies but generally speaking better cables improve the sound quality of every system you try them in and the differences are easily heard with extended listening, and sometimes at first listen.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Thanks for your response. I believe each system's final sound is a product of many variables. Otherwise called synergy. One of those is definitely cables. An obvious example is to avoid putting a bright, transparent cable in a system that has a "top down" sonic signature.

As for auditioning, I'm not a big fan of "first impressions" because they can be misleading upon further listening. Regarding differences, it takes extended listening to determine if those differences are good, bad or just different.

Last edited:

RaChiK

Sep 13, 2020
If I had systems like yours, I will do combination of Hemingway Z core and Echole Omnia (in different combinations of power cables/IC/speaker cable). Let us know what you ended up and your journey to the final destination. It is always fascinating to see how decisions are made: varying combinations of reviews, forum members experience, your perception of brand sonics, local availability to audition and any deals near by or websites.

taww

Jun 12, 2020
New Jersey
taww.co
@_Alchemist_ how goes the cable search? :) My latest updates are I finally published a (very favorable) review of the Furutech cables I’ve been using and I have a full loom of Kubala Sosna coming in. I’ve also discovered CDs on a cheap Pioneer Blu Ray transport sound better than my basic streaming setup so I took all my CDs out of storage again and have a PS Audio transport on the way. :)

_Alchemist_

May 19, 2020
Hi Guys,

I finally settled on a combination of cables.
I was between Shunyata and Siltech and finally went for Siltech 770L loom and spx800 power cables.
I'm also using analysis plus power 2 for the ediscreation switch and for the farad psu for the nucleus +.
For the farad, I am using the dc power cable level 2.

I pulled two dedicated lines using Oyaide in wall cable
And for connections from the breakers to the main board I used this
I'm using the furutech rhodium wall sockets

For Ethernet, I tried a few things, what worked best for me were these cables:

IMO the biggest impact was the dedicated line, it's huge what it brings in terms of dynamics and tonal density.

I'd say I'm quite happy with my system and find it well balanced now, it took past 600 hours to be fully settled and I feel I am still gaining some here and there as time passes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing