Capital Audiofest 2023

The most pleasant digital playback so far:
Thank you, that's one of our rooms (849) :)
That's the MSB Premier DAC with Premier Director, and we also have the Select DAC with Select Director next door, Room 850.
@Rexp if you're around tomorrow, please stop by and say hi!

Alex

Reactions: Rexp
Many thanks Ron, The sound bites format works really well... great move.

Many thanks Ron, The sound bites format works really well... great move.
Thank you for your comment. I've been trying to figure out the protocol and format which I think makes the most sense, and, so far, I agree with you.

I like that I can post videos immediately after auditioning a room, rather than waiting until a week after the show is over.

Thank you for your comment. I've been trying to figure out the protocol and format which I think makes the most sense, and, so far, I agree with you.

I like that I can post videos immediately after auditioning a room, rather than waiting until a week after the show is over.
It’s an easy to digest approach, each room being separate keeps it discrete and clear and the immediacy of the posting live keeps it feeling like a slice of life. It must take it out of you doing a big compile edit in post at the end of wild reeling at a show for a few days. Even just keeping track of all the video grabs and gear involved must be full on.

Sometimes I think maybe each clip could be just a shade longer but not by much but that’s probably a good sign… what do they say, leave them wanting more. I think it’s working really well and has a nice sense of capturing the rooms and a good flow to it all when playing the clips back at this end.

You could mix the format up a bit I guess and get the odd short grab from people running some of the rooms without it becoming too formulaic other than always having the intro shot with the room gear being identified… seems to be an efficient and effective way to tackle what I imagine could be a fairly gruelling couple of days/week. Sure you’ll find your way with it, you seem to have a good instinct for what you’re doing and you present really well.

Last edited:
Reactions: garylkoh
Thank you for the suggestions. Please keep in mind that the YouTube short video format is exactly 60 seconds maximum.

Reactions: the sound of Tao
First Day Impressions!

• Haha
Reactions: PeterA
so “outdated” technology in two rooms has the most realistic sound? So much for the anti-vintage brigade.

Please don't mischaracterize my report to support your personal preferences. I said there's "definitely something to the field coil driver design."

Please don't mischaracterize my report to support your personal preferences. I said there's "definitely something to the field coil driver design."

You used the word outdated in the video

Reactions: InfigoAudio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu