CES 2016: Audio Note, KONDO

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
How much do you value your time in that 10K build? And how many prototype mistake costs?

I work for about 50 cents an hours and make no mistakes :) Actually if I were to build myself passive speakers these days, I'd probably just build something like the kit I posted earlier, and save all the headaches of designing, and tweaking the xovers. There's literally 1000's of SOTA kit design's out there now with plans that are 100% free.

Last edited:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
heard the Kaisers in Newport on big Berning tube amps in a fully digital system (100k?) - gorgeous looking/sounding speakers that day. In fact, many chose the system as best in show, including our fearless leader Steve Williams as I recall.

I believe the tweeter box is adjustable.

I wonder if they would sound as good if they used 100% Bennic crossover components like some other speakers use at this price point? I was looking at more pictures of their speakers and the cabinets look really nice. Must just be a bad shot here.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing