CH M1.1 - Stereophile Review

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
It has nothing to do with engineering mistakes or bad designs. It has nothing to do with CH Precision. The amp sound amazing and in fact will sound terrific when cold. I am telling you that when you buy that Porsche that if you aren't going to drive over 65 because you are worried about tire wear then I am just going to smile.
If you believe that what I am saying is BS then live your life and don't attack my findings, which by the way Gianni , Marty and others also agree on.
My findings are myth but your correct? Come on man stop that crap. You don't even own the stuff your are writing about.
This is what I do and Ian can find out for himself if what I say is correct or not. No one is forcing anyone to do this and it does not have to be done to enjoy your system. I am telling you how to make it sound better. If you prefer to get up in the am and turn your system on for 5 hours to weait till its optimized that would probably work as well . I use mine all the time so I don't.
I drive my car fast, Hit my driver as hard as I can. You choose your path I chose mine. I've been doing this for a living for almost 50 years and I advise my friends and clients how to get the best out of what they bought. No one i know keeps anything over 5 years so why worry about it.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
M1 is incredible when reach 51 degree,when in the evening some friends came to listen,at 7 in the morning i on all to reach 50 degree in the evening,sound became magic at 50 degree
And that is in Italy in the summer ! o_O How are you ever going to hear it at its best in cold Denmark ? Maybe Stacore can make a customized amp stand/ frying pan !;)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
And that is in Italy in the summer ! o_O How are you ever going to hear it at its best in cold Denmark ? Maybe Stacore can make a customized amp stand/ frying pan !;)

Maybe this will work:

Reactions: Lagonda

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Fantastic Denmark
i visited near all by car with my wife around 25 years ago,very beautiful country
Could be can reach 48 degree instead 51

Reactions: Lagonda

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I have CH since 2015 and i know very well,when reach 50 degree sound is better,more liquid
I on and listen immediatly and off when finish to listen.
When need some special listening or some friend come i on before

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
I do agree that the M1.1 amps sound better when warm. I used to switch them off in case of longer time intervals, so usually did switch them on on Fridays, and switched them off on Sunday evenings. (working out of town). As ambient temperature in my room is around 88F (31C) prior to switching on the AC, it usually didn't take too long for the amps (and the rest of the equipment) to heat up, and only after that I would switch on the AC. Normal working temperature of the amps is a little over 50C, however when making them work will show 58-59C ;)

Reactions: MadFloyd

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have two CH M1.1 amps on there way to the factory for refurbishing after being traded in on 10 series. They will return in about 4 weeks ready for a new home with a 2 year warranty. Anyone interested please contact me I will list them when they are ready. I paid for them to come with the new current edition upgraded spike system as well

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing