CH Precision - New Clock Sync

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
I also followed up with Boris yesterday (Australian CH dealer), to ask him to get me one. I’m just waiting for Boris to confirm my order. Very much looking forward to getting it.
it‘ll tie in quite nicely with my recent C1.2 upgrade as well as the GPS module For the T1 clock.

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Well my new Clock Sync card arrived today. I installed it, replacing the ‘old’ sync I/O card.

I am suitably impressed - well worth the upgrade - since I don’t have a output chain, I disabled the BNC outputs on the card (It also meant to increase sound quality).

Just various changes lately, C1.2 and the GPS module, and Puron filters, did push the sound to be a little too neutral for my taste. I had worked hard in the past to get a balance I would call neutrality with a touch of warmth. Lately the balance drifted much more toward neutrality, but after installing the card and turning off the outputs my original balance has returned, some warmth has returned - so I’m seriously pleased.

and off course it does the thing that the review mentions.

so the card upgrade is a no brainer if you are using the old sync I/O card - Jump on it !

well, time to go back to enjoying the music

Cheers

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Well my new Clock Sync card arrived today. I installed it, replacing the ‘old’ sync I/O card.

I am suitably impressed - well worth the upgrade - since I don’t have a output chain, I disabled the BNC outputs on the card (It also meant to increase sound quality).

Just various changes lately, C1.2 and the GPS module, and Puron filters, did push the sound to be a little too neutral for my taste. I had worked hard in the past to get a balance I would call neutrality with a touch of warmth. Lately the balance drifted much more toward neutrality, but after installing the card and turning off the outputs my original balance has returned, some warmth has returned - so I’m seriously pleased.

and off course it does the thing that the review mentions.

so the card upgrade is a no brainer if you are using the old sync I/O card - Jump on it !

well, time to go back to enjoying the music

Cheers
Hi Jambo,
My friends in Hong Kong got theirs yesterday.

IMG_20230513_115628.jpg
IMG_20230513_115547.jpg
IMG_20230513_115511.jpg

The sonic improvement is exactly what you have described.
A surpise indeed, because usually jitter/clocking improvement & gadgets rarely improve musicality as this new Clock Syn card has achieved.

A must-buy for CH digital components users!

Reactions: MadFloyd

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Hi CK,
Wonderfull news, it’s marvel is it not ? that a clock card should such a effect.
I love it. My enjoyment of music has greatly increased, my system has been on a seriously long as I can’t stop listening, I’m not doing any domestic chores, spending too much time listening to music.LOL

I’m very happy for your friends, hope they are enjoying the new musicality as much as I am.

Cheers

Last edited:

ava1962

Oct 17, 2022
When I saw it I was excited! I said, my c 1.2 will finally be able to "see" my transport (CEC)! Unfortunately, even this sync upgrade cannot match my CEC! Disappointment!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
When I saw it I was excited! I said, my c 1.2 will finally be able to "see" my transport (CEC)! Unfortunately, even this sync upgrade cannot match my CEC! Disappointment!
What is the CEC?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

ava1962

Oct 17, 2022
I have the CEC TL-2N.
In the display there is a dedicated light (word clock) which lights when linked with an external clock. That light doesn’t light when I connect it with the sync board of the C1.2
I contact mr Wolf from CH PRECISION and after several attempts, he concluded that the problem is in the CEC, which has a complicated input of the word clock.
When I saw the new sync board, a hope that it would solve my problem! I spoke with the CH dealer in my country, but he told me that the new board had nothing to do with my problem!

Reactions: MadFloyd

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing