Classe SSP-800

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Classe for developing such a great sounding processor allowing me to still enjoy 2 channel music. Doesn't scale video and has no auto setup for the room used but I don't need scaling since I only watch Blu Ray and HD material on my main system. I prefer to use my ears along with test equipment for proper calibration anyway.

Just bought one, looking forward to firing it up when it arrives.

Had an interesting visit w/Boz a few years ago and own a Tact Mini which works well. How much is the new TCS? Is it really avail.? Any idea if it has OSD?

Haven't heard the Classe -- am buying semi-blind which is pretty much the only option these days for processors.

Had an interesting visit w/Boz a few years ago and own a Tact Mini which works well. How much is the new TCS? Is it really avail.? Any idea if it has OSD?

Haven't heard the Classe -- am buying semi-blind which is pretty much the only option these days for processors.

MSRP is $15,000. Available? I sure hope so but you are not the first person to ask. I don't konw about OSD but I think I can look in my current 2.2XP software (which is also used to drive the TCS) and find out.

Just got the SSP800 and my unit failed within an hour of use. Was really enjoying the config process after coming from Meridian. Seems that the voltage protection circuit was kicking in incorrectly. Have had no problems with other gear in the same room. Measured, and my voltage stays between 119 - 121, it's not the issue. Bummer!

That's a strange occurrence? What did your dealer/distributor, or even Classe directly have to say about it?

It's been replaced and the new unit works although there are some quirks, some of which have been reported by others as well. OSD has disappeared once or twice requiring power cycle as has audio from this or that input. Input switching is a bit slower than w/my Onkyo 9.8. However, it sounds obviously better than that unit, not subtle upgrade at all. Will report more thoughts on it after some more time spent...

I have been keeping track over on the AVS forum specifically the SSP-800 thread and there is a new firmware update that should correct those issues and more.I never had the screen issue.I heard a big change around 200 hours on the unit. What firmware does your new unit have on it now?

I've got firmware 2.0.3 v0076, so it looks like I'm ahead of what's offered on the site at the moment. Have probably run it 35 hrs. at this point.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing