Clear Acrylic Diffuser for First Reflections

Delkat

May 10, 2022
Does anyone know who supplies the clear acrylic diffuser panels I’ve been seeing at show lately? I see RPG makes 2’x2’ (custom heights up to 8ft available) but I’m not sure how to buy their products. It seems you have to be working with a professional acoustician to buy their products as I don’t see any dealers listed on their website.

My goal is to find some type of diffusion panels that I can use for first reflections that have high WAF and I thought something in acrylic wouldn’t stand out in the room.

I also noticed RPG makes a diffractal panel that covers more bandwidth than a standard QRD. I’m trying not to remove energy with absorption but maybe I’m heading in the wrong direction for first reflections?

Thanks

It looks like SMT makes their wings in clear. I think that may be what I’ve been seeing. Any idea where to buy these in the US? Everything I can find seems like they provide design services and are based out of Oman.

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpeg
    IMG_0899.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 5

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing