Waversa Audio EXT-LAN Reference Plus - My Take

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
Thanks for your help and useful comments. I‘ll take your suggestions into account during my test, in my case I‘m liking the Muon Pro since day one but I suspend any judgement until two weeks of playback in order to share with you my impressions after a reasonable break in period. And I’ll inform Rob about your experiences, replying to my last email in effect he also said that from now on I will notice gradually improvements in those areas I’m already liking at my first listening hours: especially more dynamics, tonal clarity, but more than anything a sense of realism. Very promising indeed.
Having also the EXT-2 in my system at the same time I’ll be able to do more comparisons as soon as both of them will be ready.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: PYP

agisthos

Oct 14, 2012
The Network Acoustics filters probably have components inline the signal which require more break in time vs the Waversa which is just the wire wrapped around these machined magnetic discs (they look like HDD disk platters).

Two totally different methods of filtering. Very interested to hear about the EXT-2 vs the Muon Pro as they are price comparable, just as the EXT-1 is with the Eno.

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli

source first

Sep 11, 2022
hi there I have tested all of them Eno, muon from network acoustic and waversa lan and ref. For me the best of the best was the ref with RJ45 hb network cables. it was decently above the muon but at a higher cost but worth wile the extra money.

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli

Network Acoustics

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2022
UK
www.networkacoustics.com
hi there I have tested all of them Eno, muon from network acoustic and waversa lan and ref. For me the best of the best was the ref with RJ45 hb network cables. it was decently above the muon but at a higher cost but worth wile the extra money.

Hi great to have your feedback, but did you have the current MUON Pro Filter or the previous Standard 100mb/s MUON, as there is quite a big difference in performance? :)

l_santista

Aug 5, 2023
Hi great to have your feedback, but did you have the current MUON Pro Filter or the previous Standard 100mb/s MUON, as there is quite a big difference in performance? :)
Hi! but for those of us using megabit switches, is there still a preference of one over the other?

Network Acoustics

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2022
UK
www.networkacoustics.com
Hi! but for those of us using megabit switches, is there still a preference of one over the other?

Yes we recommend MUON Pro for use with 100mb/s and 1gb/s switches and streaming devices. The MUON Pro filter design itself is improved over that of the original 100mb/s MUON Filter so even if you are using it with a 100mb/s switch the performance will be significantly improved with the new version. If at a later date you move to a gigabit switch, then you would get an even bigger lift in performance. For this reason we discontinued the 100mb/s version. Apologies i didnt want to hijack the conversation, but i hope this helps. :)

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Yes we recommend MUON Pro for use with 100mb/s and 1gb/s switches and streaming devices. The MUON Pro filter design itself is improved over that of the original 100mb/s MUON Filter so even if you are using it with a 100mb/s switch the performance will be significantly improved with the new version. If at a later date you move to a gigabit switch, then you would get an even bigger lift in performance. For this reason we discontinued the 100mb/s version. Apologies i didnt want to hijack the conversation, but i hope this helps. :)
I liked the MUON Pro streaming system in my setup on a 100mb/s as well as 1Gb/s switch a lot!

Reactions: Network Acoustics

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing