CS Port LFT1 turntable added to the system

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
the video Is playing tape, not LP
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I could clearly see that in the excellent video that you had shared;)

What struck me most of the video was the performance and the musicianship being displayed. Sadly, I don't have a nice tape playback machine such as Mike L. but I just had to have this recording, fully knowing that the quality of the LP playback won't quite reach the height of the tape. As important as the quality of fidelity is to me, the quality of the performance and musicianship rates even higher to me.... so that is why I searched for the LP version of this recording.

If I'm not mistaken, I have found the same exact recordings on LP of what was on that tape. These LP's were issued the same year as the tape, in 1970.

NM UK HMV1970 original pressing.
Sviatoslav Richter, Orchestre De Paris, Lorin Maazel, Brahms* - Piano Concerto No. 2 (LP, Album) (His Master's Voice, His Master's Voice, His Master's Voice - ASD 2554, ASD. 2554, 1E 063 ? 02040)
Item ID: 1881246343
Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)

NM USSR ??????? 1970 original pressing.
Johannes Brahms, Sviatoslav Richter - Concerto No. 2 For Piano And Orchestra (LP) (??????? - ?? 01989-90)
Item ID: 926520965
Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)

I bought both records so that I could compare the sound quality of each pressing.

I truly do appreciate you sharing these videos with us all, as I have been able to acquire some much loved music that I would not have been able to discover if it wasn't for you :cool:.

Best wishes to all,
Don

Reactions: bonzo75

ShawnZH

Sep 20, 2020
Inspired by this thread and other posts about the CS Port tables, I just placed an order to a set of CS Port LFT1 M2. It shall take a month or so to arrive.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Inspired by this thread and other posts about the CS Port tables, I just placed an order to a set of CS Port LFT1 M2. It shall take a month or so to arrive.

Nice. What table / tables do you currently use?

ShawnZH

Sep 20, 2020
I have 2 tables and multiple arms and carts. They’re Kuzma XL Air (enhanced with a heavier platter and an air floating), and TechDas AF 1.
Nice. What table / tables do you currently use?

simonthepieman

Oct 2, 2020
thank you.

yes, i'd say that seems to be true. it has this way deeper view into the inner musical interactions and somehow brings into prominence meaningful musical delicacies otherwise glossed over. the phrase in my mind is 'intoxicating mixture' as it connects to your brain.

the bass on the CS Port is very solid and complete, and goes very deep and is enveloping. plenty of authority behind it. those distant beats type of bass are really nice. great flow and sweep. always in step and service to the music. not the last word in articulation but not soft or rounded at all.

the Saskia's bass is more physical and propulsive. whereas the bass with the CS Port compliments the music, with the Saskia it grabs the music. there is an additional degree of 'pop' behind the beats, yet it's focused and not smeared. the added density and slightly darker harmonic tonality adds to the weight and forward lean of the music. more stand up and go, go, go.

how much of those differences are arms, cartridges, phono cables, and phono stages hard to say right now.

briefly regarding the NVS; i'd say the Saskia has a bit more propulsive sort of presentation than the NVS. OTOH; while the Saskia has explosive bass, the NVS with the Tana active shelf has friggen EXPLOSIVE bass at warp 11. it does big boy big music bass. like you never heard exploring the headroom of the system bass.

active isolation done right allows for another gear and allows big music played big to stay organized. to be fair i have not pushed big music as hard on the Saskia or CS Port just yet. so this perspective is provisional.

i think you have said it better than i could. the GFS does seem to work well, but one of those carts you mention could be in my future.;)
Hello Mike
I have many of your posts really superb information and fun.
I am considering the Cs port lft system, also I am going to listen to a Kuzma XL Air with 4 point and safari arms.
Have you heard the Kuzma flagship tables at any point in your journey/quest ?
I would love to hear your views!
Best wishes Simon from the UK North of England 200 miles from London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing