DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

Sounding fantastic. Playing back on mobile violin is hard on top but when streamed to a soundbar (or probably headphone) the whole performance is absolutely fantastic.

I’m hearing the same slightly off piano sound here as well as the setups I listened to this OS record. What is your opinion about piano on this record (not the setup)? Violin, viola, cello and bass sounds ok though.

I’m hearing the same slightly off piano sound here as well as the setups I listened to this OS record. What is your opinion about piano on this record (not the setup)?

i haven’t heard this record in person, Leif sent it to me and I uploaded it.

i did not like the Gilels Beethoven sonata on TOS compared to the Les Adieux by Backhaus on decca, but will try in person. On the system I heard the sonata, it had a hardness on the piano and a constant resonance.

Reactions: Johan K and mtemur
This Stan Getz on Dava mono is brilliant. On the phone sounds hard but through the sound bar sounds awesome with lots of texture and tone. Great impact and air and nuance overall

This Stan Getz on Dava mono is brilliant. On the phone sounds hard but through the sound bar sounds awesome with lots of texture and tone. Great impact and air and nuance overall

More mono jazz

More mono jazz

Sounds great to my ears. Especially presence section and liveliness of piano is pretty good unlike my mono EMT TMD25N and many other mono cartridges that suck the life out of recording.

Reactions: bonzo75
Sounds great to my ears. Especially presence section and liveliness of piano is pretty good unlike my mono EMT TMD25N and many other mono cartridges that sucks the life out of recording.
somehow the DaVa mono into DaVa mono cu SUT throws a very credible powerful soundstage

...and many other mono cartridges that suck the life out of recording.
I actually have a counter experience with mono cartridges.

I use The Peak 12" in Fidelity Research B-60 VTA base with big heavy bronze screw......a very good match
you´re the one that ordered the 13"?

yes you have The Peak coming soon in your signature
Yes, I do. It's the longest coming soon I've encountered :)
I hope it will be ready sometime...
I plan to mount it with my AnalogTechnik DMT25, right now I use the Bokrand arm.

I´ll remount my Ref in arm from Eugen Komissarov in a few days
been waiting for new gunmetal armboard

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing