Decware SE84UFO25 vs. Unison Simply Italy => Really a step ahead?

zeitlos

Feb 20, 2022
I currently own an Unison Simply Italy. I came a cross the Decware SE84UFO25. Of course, it looks AWESOME
:)
And of course, this is one reason for ordering it.

However, I really like my Simply Italy in combination with the Unison Max 2 loudspeakers. The speakers were developed using the Simply Italy. So this is is a very respectable pair.

The SE84UFO25 is famous for its 2,4 watts. I don‘t know how nor why, but one can read that this leads to a very unique listening experience which enables you to hear things you haven‘t heard before.

Now I ask myself what this SE84UFO25 will offern that the Unison Simply Italy can‘t. I‘m not sure how well known the Simply Italy is in the States. In Europe, it‘s quite successful. Officially it offers 2x12 watts but it‘s actually 2x8 watts. So can we say that it is a similar concept? Of course between 2x2,4 and 2x8 watts, theres a noticeable difference, however, both a relatively reduced in power.

I‘m still struggeling whether the SE84UFO25 makes sense. It‘s quite some money. I have to pay a lot of customs since I‘m in Germany. And it also requires some additional investment => Switchbox, maybe I need another preamp etc.

Would you say that the main difference between those two amps is its design or would you expect also considerable differences in sound (in favor of the SE84UFO25)?

Thanks for any comment. I‘m trying to come to a sensible conclusion but so far I‘m not in a position to achieve this
;)

I think that coming from the Simply Italy the Decware SE84UFO25 might not really be a step ahead. Do you agree?

P.S. I would also miss my remote control
;)

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I have owned several different Unison tubed integrated amps and have upgraded caps, resistors, wiring, etc. in all of them resulting in significant improvements in sound quality. I currently have an S6 in which I had my tech add Bybee Music Rails, upgrade key caps to Jupiter Copper Foil, Paper & Wax, key resistors to Vishay Z-Foil, diodes to Schottky, internal wiring to Duelund DCA tinned copper, better connectors, etc. Such modifications to a Simply Italy might result in an amp that surpasses the Decware (and others) for significantly less than the cost of a new amp.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing