Denali D6000 or Triton V2

dhart86

Oct 18, 2019
Hey guys,
I am a new member and I love every Shunyata purchase that I have ever made. I have the opportunity to buy either a Triton v2 or a Denali D6000 power conditioner. I have to read up and learn a little more but the purchase is at hand now. I could use some help from you guys differentiating between the two. Which would you choose? Thanks for any input

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Personally, I would get the Triton v2, and have it upgraded to a v3. Later, add a Typhon QR, and call it a day.

ken6217

Sep 28, 2017
Personally, I would get the Triton v2, and have it upgraded to a v3. Later, add a Typhon QR, and call it a day.

Get real. The guy is asking about two older version products and you're advising him about spending like another $15K.

Try letting him know which of the Triton V2 or Denali 6000/S V1 has better performance.

Reactions: dhart86

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Get real. The guy is asking about two older version products and you're advising him about spending like another $15K.

Try letting him know which of the Triton V2 or Denali 6000/S V1 has better performance.

As I said, get the Triton v2, upgrade it to a v3, and later add a Typhon QR. When building a stereo you need to plan for both the present, and the future.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

What is the price of upgrading v2 to v3?

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I had that done a few years ago, and I have forgotten the cost. Although it was no where near the cost of a new v3. I guess it’s practicality depends on how good a deal one gets on buying a v2.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

+1,...best suggestion.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Hey guys,
I am a new member and I love every Shunyata purchase that I have ever made. I have the opportunity to buy either a Triton v2 or a Denali D6000 power conditioner. I have to read up and learn a little more but the purchase is at hand now. I could use some help from you guys differentiating between the two. Which would you choose? Thanks for any input
dhart86, can you give us a little background? What's you budget? System components? Dedicated line(s)?

dhart86

Oct 18, 2019
dhart86, can you give us a little background? What's you budget? System components? Dedicated line(s)?
No dedicated line, budget approx. $3000, system is:

Antipodes DX3 server>>>PS Audio Directstream Dac>>>DeHavilland Ultra Verve 3 pre>>> Belles 150A Reference Amp
Power Cables>>Shunyata Alpha NR--Alpha HC--Black Mamba CX---Sidewinder VTX into Hydra 4

I'm thinking I will pull the trigger on the Triton v2

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
If you own your own home, your best investment will be to spend several hundred on a dedicated line and a whole home surge protector. Then get your power distributor. A Triton V2 makes sense if you're planning a future upgrade to a V3, but, if not, a used Denali or a new Hydra may be a better choice.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing