Doctor's Orders-Part Two-The New Listening Room Of Steve Williams

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
I never did answer this question earlier as I forgot.

I joined the Lampi club and am loving it but with money left over I also joined the Etsuro Urushi Gold club as well Mine arrives in about 3-4 weeks

truly end game for me. I have no more itches to scratch. It’s now all about the music.

END GAME

Congrats on your new cartridge.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Congrats STEVE. Glad you got a volume control. It does help setup tone that leads to correct weight. love the tubes very fast a close proximity to your analog speed.
Al

thanks to you and all of your posts , you were a big factor in my decision so thank you for that

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Wow Steve congrats. When I heard your system 4 years ago I knew Lampi would sound better there than analog (which was sounding very good). However me saying good things about Lampi would be considered as hyperbole by those with lesser exposure.

Please try 242 and Lampi 45s in there, and PX25 with KR recti. You will know in a few minutes which suits best, long listening sessions are not required it will be like night and day

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Steve! I am very, very happy for you!

You have set a great example for many of us as to how to find the road to follow to reach our “end game”!

Congratulations on ordering the Etsuro Gold! I may be following you down that road as well!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Congratulations Steve, I was very impressed by the performance of the Pacific @audioquattr . Looking forward to hearing your system again in its endgame setting :)

If you put the Pacific with 242 into your audionet electronics, which I imagine are driving the alsyvox very well, your system will sound as good as Mike's (or maybe close second) without requiring room treatment. It will be very easy for you to try.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Please try 242 and Lampi 45s in there, and PX25 with KR recti. You will know in a few minutes which suits best, long listening sessions are not required it will be like night and day
Ked he already has 242s in ;) and based on what Steve wrote about not being the tube roller, he might just sit and enjoy if those 242s work nicely as it can't go much better than with those.

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
If you put the Pacific with 242 into your audionet electronics, which I imagine are driving the alsyvox very well, your system will sound as good as Mike's (or maybe close second) without requiring room treatment. It will be very easy for you to try.
I'm sure I read Emile after zero noise flr in his system to fully evaluate small changes in Extreme presentation. I suspect Pac won't provide that as well as TD. Y'know, tubes.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm sure I read Emile after zero noise flr in his system to fully evaluate small changes in Extreme presentation. I suspect Pac won't provide that as well as TD. Y'know, tubes.

You suspect because you have no idea, but that's fine

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You suspect because you have no idea, but that's fine
Yep, Lampi is zero noise. I already have feedback of GG in a tubes based system. Result...noise!!! Kinda like yr kneejerk response to my post.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yep, Lampi is zero noise. I already have feedback of GG in a tubes based system. Result...noise!!! Kinda like yr kneejerk response to my post.

I have no intention of arguing with you on the boss's thread. Let's do that on your system thread which no one reads

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Let's not. Your feet are too big to be my dance partner.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Congrats on your new Pacific DAC :cool:

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

Having owned the GG1 (with PX25 tubes) I'd be inclined to agree, however I noticed nothing like that in any of the systems I have heard utilising the Pacific. I am considering acquiring one. What I am sure it does let you evaluate very well is naturalness of presentation / tone. There will always be a hint of a certain mechanical quality to solid state, it can so low to not offend in this day and age, but it is undeniably there.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure Emile, was just speculating. I know there are audiophiles who cannot abide the least hint of noise in a system. My ears are not as golden. If Pac is silent in systems like Audioquattr, that's hugely commendable. And if you ever give the nod to Pac over TD, that's a big feather in Lucasz's cap.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing