Does Everything Make a Difference?

Yes, eggs ackley! The sound is better when things are taken out of the room, I have removed most LPs but I moved a lot of CDs to storage over a period of several months, it was an experiment, one that I have done several times over the past 20 years or so. I also removed other things like books, clocks and magazines. It’s all part of good Morphic Housekeeping. The sound kept getting better and better. That’s why my soundstage through headphones has gone through the roof. The sound is no longer “in my head” - it’s way out in front of me, as if I were listening to electrostatic speakers, in other words the appears to be coming at me from 5 or 10 or even 20 feet in front and all around. It’s not only the soundstage that’s improved,mits also the tone, dynamics, intricate details, air, plumpness, etc. The sound is also FASTER.

To clarify a little bit more, if a person listened to a radio or iPad or played a musical instrument in the empty room he would also hear a much better Sound Quality, compared to how he had ever heard it previously. If there was a song bird in the room with the person he’d hear the song bird’s singing as much more beautiful. A female soprano singing in the room be judged by another person in the room as exceptionally beautiful. SQ =1/S (entropy). I allow minimal use of room treatments where needed.

Addendum: TV picture quality has improved right along with the sound quality. Supremely natural colors and super hi def.

Last edited:
Reactions: wil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing