Echole - a cable chronicle

rogerh113

Jul 26, 2017
today i've upgraded the echole obsession xlr and speaker cables to the signature, and wow the sound is amazing.
Hello,

That sounds great.

Did you install them both at the same time? I would be most interested in hearing what specific improvements you got from the interconnects.

If both installed at the same time, I would be interested in hearing what specific improvements you achieved.

I am thinking about getting a pair of Obsession Signature interconnects, and am hoping to get a sense of them.

regards -- Roger

ofer58

Apr 27, 2023
first of all the cables are the new signature not obsession signature.
first i installed the interconnect and listen.
it's a different beast from the obsession.
the improvement is significant from top to bottom.
more detail and deep controlled bass.
better imaging and stage.
more smooth sound.
the speaker cable add more of the same thing.
it's like replacing a component.

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Greetings all, just another entry in my Echole "cable chronicle", picking up the thread from my last chronicled entry, which was entry #40, on July-28 (almost 5-months ago!).

Well, after a several lengthy delays during our renovations, we finally moved into our flat in the 1st week of November. Since then, I have erected our stereo, and music is flowing. There has been many changes (listed below) to my previous baseline, so making any conclusions about which change had what affect is hard to do (this time around).

Due to our move to Europe, I have made the following changes and refinements:

* Updated my Equitech from a 1.5Q model (for 120V use) to an Equitech 2Q model (for 230V use)
* Updated all my fuses, from generic stock fuses to HifiTuning Supreme 3 AG/AU (7) and Synergistic Research "Purple" (1)
* Updated all my Symposium Acoustic "rollerballs" from the very good Grade-10 to the superior Grade 2.5 Superballs
* Updated my outlet from a Furutech FP-SWS-D (G) to a Furutech FP-SWS-D NCF (R)
* Changed my inbound ISP gateway modem from a copper only device (Comcast) to a Fibre Optic device (Orange)
* Added another Echole Limited Edition 2 power cable, which is now my fourth in my nascent Echole loom

Listening notes at 175-hours: Things are sounding amazing (for my preferences and biases). It is like an "iron hand in a velvet glove". The sound is completely at ease and very emotionally compelling. Even during critical rise-time (attack), the sound envelope stays completely composed and worry free. Music sounds slower, and more real. More life, more human. More space and quiet moments in-between the notes. More there there. Flow.

I will know more in another 500-hours as the sound changes, so I hope to post another update at that time.

I think I may be done with my system for the time being. I have completed all the small optimizations in my system that I set out to do, other than room treatment at the critical first-reflection points. There will always be new technology coming to market, but I will try to enjoy the fruit of my labor for the time being. Here is an image of my FLOW in my new baseline:

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 8.48.17 PM.png

At this point in my journey, I believe I will remain with this new baseline for a while (which is a new "high" plateau for me) and just enjoy the music. I could always update my speakers or electronics; and, there is always more Echole cables I could get for my system (e.g., Power Cables for my mono-blocks, subwoofer, signal cables, etc.) but in the meantime, my current listening experience is very rewarding and enjoyable. That said, I would like to recognize the amazing contribution that the Echole cables have made to my system's performance. I actually view my Echole cables as essential components to my system, and not 'just' ancillary cables. Over the course of 25+ years in this hobby, I have tried countless cable makers previously (which encompassed a wide variety of conductor metallurgies) spanning a wide spectrum of prices, and the Echole cables have been my favorite to date in my (humble and limited) experience.... no contest IMHE/IMHO. For anyone venturing into the Echole sphere, I have a few tips for you to consider that I have observed along the way during my Echole trek (in my system):

1. Let each cable break in for ~550-hours before making a final assessment. Your first install experience will be an indicator of the direction you are heading, but there will be (could be) a wild break-in roller-coaster ride before they finally settle... around ~550-hours for me in my system.
2. The more Echole cables you use, the cumulative effects will be more than just added together.
3. Echole power cables really enjoy the mutually-symbiotic relationship with the Furutech FP-SWS-NCF (R) outlet.
4. If you choose to explore or invest in Echole, I have found that Kerem and his entire Echole team across various geographic regions are genuine guides and partners in your journey.

In closing this entry, I would like to thank the many friends and fellow-travelers in this WBF community (and else where) who have guided and assisted me along my audio journey to reach this current plateau.

Re-tread

Last edited:

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Greetings all, just another entry in my Echole "cable chronicle", picking up the thread from my last chronicled entry, which was entry #40, on July-28 (almost 5-months ago!).

Well, after a several lengthy delays during our renovations, we finally moved into our flat in the 1st week of November. Since then, I have erected our stereo, and music is flowing. There has been many changes (listed below) to my previous baseline, so making any conclusions about which change had what affect is hard to do (this time around).

Due to our move to Europe, I have made the following changes and refinements:

* Updated my Equitech from a 1.5Q model (for 120V use) to an Equitech 2Q model (for 230V use)
* Updated all my fuses, from generic stock fuses to HifiTuning Supreme 3 AG/AU (7) and Synergistic Research "Purple" (1)
* Updated all my Symposium Acoustic "rollerballs" from the very good Grade-10 to the superior Grade 2.5 Superballs
* Updated my outlet from a Furutech FP-SWS-D (G) to a Furutech FP-SWS-D NCF (R)
* Changed my inbound ISP gateway modem from a copper only device (Comcast) to a Fibre Optic device (Orange)
* Added another Echole Limited Edition 2 power cable, which is now my fourth in my nascent Echole loom

Listening notes at 175-hours: Things are sounding amazing (for my preferences and biases). It is like an "iron hand in a velvet glove". The sound is completely at ease and very emotionally compelling. Even during critical rise-time (attack), the sound envelope stays completely composed and worry free. Music sounds slower, and more real. More life, more human. More space and quiet moments in-between the notes. More there there. Flow.

I will know more in another 500-hours as the sound changes, so I hope to post another update at that time.

I think I may be done with my system for the time being. I have completed all the small optimizations in my system that I set out to do, other than room treatment at the critical first-reflection points. There will always be new technology coming to market, but I will try to enjoy the fruit of my labor for the time being. Here is an image of my FLOW in my new baseline:

View attachment 121422

At this point in my journey, I believe I will remain with this new baseline for a while (which is a new "high" plateau for me) and just enjoy the music. I could always update my electronics; and, there is always more Echole cables I could get for my system (e.g., Power Cables for my mono-blocks, subwoofer, signal cables, etc.) but in the meantime, the listening experience is very rewarding and enjoyable. That said, I would like to recognize the amazing contribution that the Echole cables have made to my system's performance. I actually view my Echole cables as essential components to my system, and not 'just' ancillary cables. Over the course of 25+ years, I have tried countless cable makers previously (which encompassed a wide variety of conductor metallurgies) spanning a wide spectrum of prices, and the Echole cables have been my favorite to date in my (humble and limited) experience.... no contest IMHE/IMHO. For anyone venturing into the Echole sphere, I have a few tips for you to consider that I have observed along the way during my Echole trek (in my system):

1. Let each cable break in for ~550-hours before making a final assessment. Your first install experience will be an indicator of the direction you are going, but there will be (could be) a wild break-in roller-coaster ride before they finally settle... around ~550-hours for me in my system.
2. The more Echole cables you use, the cumulative effects will be more than just added together.
3. Echole power cables really enjoy the mutually-symbiotic relationship with the Furutech FP-SWS-NCF (R) outlet.
4. If you choose to explore or invest in Echole, I have found that Kerem and his entire Echole team across various geographic regions are genuine guides and partners in your journey.

In closing this entry, I would like to thank the many friends and fellow-travelers in this WBF community (and else where) who have guided and assisted me along my audio journey to reach this current plateau.

Re-tread
Hi Re-tread,

I would like to share a couple of comments from my experience.

I currently have Echole Limited Edition mk2 power cables, analog XLR and RCA interconnects and digital AES interconnects. For my system, I preferred speaker cables from another brand.

From my experience, starting with Echole Signature, there is a big improvement when you to go Echole Omnia, especially in the voices. There is another big improvement in higher frequencies oppenness and low frequency control when you to to Limited Edition.

Regarding the Furutech NCF (R) outlets, I have a bunch of those, but recently tried the Oyade R0 outlet (for the DAC and Taiko Extreme), and there was a big improvemente in the voices and midrange, so I am now in the process of purchasing more Oyade R0 to test with amplification.

Cheers,

VPN

Reactions: Re-tread

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Greetings VPN, and thank you for your welcomed input, cited from your fascinating audio journey, of which I have been an admirer (in the forums) for a long time.

I would like to share a couple of comments from my experience.

I currently have Echole Limited Edition mk2 power cables, analog XLR and RCA interconnects and digital AES interconnects. For my system, I preferred speaker cables from another brand.

Your deep experience with Echole cables is certainly noteworthy. Interesting deviation in your speaker cable selection. Did you try the newest Echole speaker cables with the NCF connectors (e.g., the LE 2, or, Infinity levels) in your comparison?

From my experience, starting with Echole Signature, there is a big improvement when you to go Echole Omnia, especially in the voices. There is another big improvement in higher frequencies oppenness and low frequency control when you to to Limited Edition.

This report is interesting of the improvements as you climb up the Echole family line. In your system, it must be lovely.

Regarding the Furutech NCF (R) outlets, I have a bunch of those, but recently tried the Oyade R0 outlet (for the DAC and Taiko Extreme), and there was a big improvemente in the voices and midrange, so I am now in the process of purchasing more Oyade R0 to test with amplification.

The NCF (R) is working really nice in my system. My recent experience is limited to only comparing only the Furutech FP-SWS-D (G) with the FP-SWS-D-NCF (R). In my case, the NCF(R) is a much better match with my system. It brought just the right touch of: life, presence, nearness, and shimmer, of which the Gold was not affording. I know there have been reports on the Taiko thread that Emile (and others there) are not super big on the NCF(R) outlet with the Extreme, which I respect. Not surprisingly, your experience seems to match those users. Thank you for suggesting a great alternative, which will certainly appeal to others who have the Extreme or those who want to avoid Rhodium. Unfortunately the Oyaide R0 is not available in Schuko format (here in the European market), but I am glad the R0 is working great for you.

Hope all else is well.

Re-tread

Last edited:
Reactions: VPN

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Greetings VPN, and thank you for your welcomed input, cited from your fascinating audio journey, of which I have been an admirer (in the forums) for a long time.

Your deep experience with Echole cables is certainly noteworthy. Interesting deviation in your speaker cable selection. Did you try the newest Echole speaker cables with the NCF connectors (e.g., the LE 2, or, Infinity levels) in your comparison?

This report is interesting of the improvements as you climb up the Echole family line. In your system, it must be lovely.

The NCF (R) is working really nice in my system. My recent experience is limited to only comparing only the Furutech FP-SWS-D (G) with the FP-SWS-D-NCF (R). In my case, the NCF(R) is a much better match with my system. It brought just the right touch of: life, presence, and shimmer, of which the Gold was not affording. I know there have been reports on the Taiko thread that Emile (and others there) are not super big on the NCF(R) outlet with the Extreme, which I respect. Not surprisingly, your experience seems to match those users. Thank you for suggesting a great alternative, which will certainly appeal to others who have the Extreme or those who want to avoid Rhodium. Unfortunately the Oyaide R0 is not available in Schuko format (here in the European market), but I am glad the R0 is working great for you.

Hope all else is well.

Re-tread
Greetings Re-tread,

Thank your for your kind words.

I only tried the Echole LE speaker cable. I did not try the Echole LE mk2 or the Infinity speaker cables.

I only tried the Oyade R0 with the Taiko and DAC because of Emile's recommendation, and he was right (for my taste/system).

Cheers, VPN

Reactions: Re-tread

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Greetings all, just a brief "cable chronicle" thread update pertaining to the on-going break-in progress on my latest baseline (for reference, see thread entry # 64 ).

At this time, all the new “previously cited” upgrades (i.e.: 2 new Echole LE-2 power cables, 8 new audiophile fuses, new ISP fibre modem, and a new 2,000 VA transformer in my upgraded Equitech 2Q-R) have all reached the 620-hours “break-in” mark, thus marking the completion of their break-in. The results are very nice indeed, and this new baseline is very appreciable. We are really thrilled here.

(Sidenote: The only item "not fully done" breaking-in is my new Furutech FP-SWS-D NCF (R ) schuko duplex outlet, with only 450-hours of music on it. I have read on-line reports that this Rhodium outlet can take up to 600-hours to completely break-in, so my patience here remains intact.

Interim Listing notes: The sound at this time (for my system) is really, really nice – even spell binding. The musical portrayals are very humane, with ease, grace and depth of expression. The musical event just unfolds and envelopes the listener(s). It sucks you in for a full suspension of the recorded event. We are really pleased here.

Plus a small closing note...

+ “Future State” addendum: I wrote previously that I think I am done with my system for a while, taking an “enjoyment breather” at this newest baseline (cited above in entry # 64). This is true. That said, my brain has begun thinking of what nominal upgrades I would consider making from here, if/when the time is right. Thus, at this time, the items under consideration would be:

• Add Mutec Ref10-SE120SE clock for my EtherRegen. This move would also necessitate the purchase of another power cable, and a digital clock cable, so in aggregate this is quite a bite. I will wait until one emerges in the pre-owned marketplace.
  • Upgrading all 5 duplexes in the rear of my Equitech 2Q-R to Furutech GTX-D NCF (R ) outlets, a new “custom option” offered by Equitech.
  • Add 2 more Echole power cables for my mono-blocks..., not likely to happen any time soon, but quite an enticing thought.
  • And the elephant in the room: initial room treatment for the critical 1st reflection points.

That's my report for now.

Re-tread

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing