Emotiva RMC-1 /// Multichannel Surround Sound Processor

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

* MSRP: Less than $5,000 (the king of super affordability ... frugality).

I could have posted in several other threads ... Emotiva, Home Theater, AV Receivers & SSPs, General Audio, Miscellaneous, Anything Goes, etc., etc., etc., but after thinking intelligently for over six hours minimum I decided to post right here. ;)

What a gorgeous day today on the Pacific West Coast, another one in paradise. :)
Not too super hot ... very accommodating temperature comfort wise outside near the ocean breeze under the arbutus and oak and palm trees, in the shade.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
It's still a work in progress... The last FW update helped considerably, but still no Dirac Live and users are still reporting a variety of issues. Almost there, hopefully...

Not sure a $5k processor belongs in the "frugal" forum, but it is a comparative bargain (or will be when everything is working) when looking at e.g, Datasat or Trinnov.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
$5K? Has Emotiva realized the dirt cheap market isn’t the best idea?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Well, other processors in that category are $17,000 and up.
Frugal enough to me, Emotiva is a frugal company in comparison with several, for what it offers.
That's not a plastic Pioneer receiver for $200, or the top pre/pro for $30,000+

I too noticed that all is not there yet ... indeed a work in progress, an apéritif.
I too watched the videos.

* I also like Anthem and NAD products.

As the RMC-1 keeps updating and evolving I will try to keep up with the main improvements, plus comparisons are the most welcome for best knowledgeable future purchases.

** Bud, you got your Avengers: Endgame 4K Blu-ray?

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
No. I haven’t watched Infinity War yet. For whatever reason, HT no longer interests me.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
My small error, I thought perhaps because you like some films on Blu-ray that you might also have an interest in Stan Lee's Marvel comics saga with a TV and movie player to go with it.
...And 16 speaker channels (in one room only).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing