Endgame monoblock amp choice

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Current refurb quote was 9k for just the body and panels for the Diva, not including the speakers.
In all honesty if Henk was selling refurbished FR's for 18k I'd have gotten them in a heartbeat rather than re-refurbing the Diva's but what am I supposed to do with 3 pair of Apogees? Folks here already complain about the Diva in the living room...

Henks scintilla will sound better than the diva. Pure ribbon midrange, great bass.

Reactions: christoph and Pacha

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Henks scintilla will sound better than the diva. Pure ribbon midrange, great bass.
Even back in the day, I liked my Scintilla's better then my Diva's. The Diva's were just so much better on amplifier life being 3 ohm compared to my Scintilla's .8 ohm!

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
I Sold my Sugden SPA-4 power amp, kept the Sugden LA-4 pre amp, and ordered a set of Sugden MPA-4 class A mono blocks for my end game system. It has been 5 months and I am still waiting. I am fond of the way the sudden amps sound in my listening space. The SPA-4 amp was delightful with my Confidence 20's. I am sure I will be impressed with their mono blocks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing