Esoteric Grandioso SE products announced

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
Seems on the digital side they have spent a great deal of time working on their Clock technology. Will be interesting to hear the results.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

DBK

Nov 6, 2022
Seems on the digital side they have spent a great deal of time working on their Clock technology. Will be interesting to hear the results.
I have similar Esoteric/Aurender components (D-02X/G-01X and Aurender20SE). I have you thought about upgrading to the Grandioso K1X/SE to add the CD/SACD. Wondering if loss of dual mono inputs for the Aurender would compromise SQ from it? Any thoughts to share about that upgrade path? Dixon

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
I have similar Esoteric/Aurender components (D-02X/G-01X and Aurender20SE). I have you thought about upgrading to the Grandioso K1X/SE to add the CD/SACD. Wondering if loss of dual mono inputs for the Aurender would compromise SQ from it? Any thoughts to share about that upgrade path? Dixon
I already have the P-02X transport for CD/SACD and is connected via ESLink. I think for upgrade path I'm considering the D1X SE this coming spring and the Grandioso clock. Then next year I'll likely upgrade my transport to the P1X SE just to get any improvement there as my digital listening primarily comes from SACD/CD. I think that the K1XSE is probably very close but if I stay the course with Esoteric I'll likely go for the mono dacs! I am going to audition a few other brands as well since I'll likely replace everything over the next year and want to ensure I'm buying what works the best in my system.

George

DBK

Nov 6, 2022
I already have the P-02X transport for CD/SACD and is connected via ESLink. I think for upgrade path I'm considering the D1X SE this coming spring and the Grandioso clock. Then next year I'll likely upgrade my transport to the P1X SE just to get any improvement there as my digital listening primarily comes from SACD/CD. I think that the K1XSE is probably very close but if I stay the course with Esoteric I'll likely go for the mono dacs! I am going to audition a few other brands as well since I'll likely replace everything over the next year and want to ensure I'm buying what works the best in my system.

George
Makes sense. Adding in the Grandiose clock will be put to good use on at least components (DAC/SACD/Aurender). Enjoy this next stage of the journey in 2024.

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
Question is if the Esoteric Clock with the 50 ohm output is compatible with the 75 ohm tap on the Aurender Clock in?? I'm not thinking they are a good match because of the impedance difference?

George

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Question is if the Esoteric Clock with the 50 ohm output is compatible with the 75 ohm tap on the Aurender Clock in?? I'm not thinking they are a good match because of the impedance difference?

George
If you use a Cybershaft clock, you can set each clock cable output to 50 or 75 ohms via a switch next to each output.

Reactions: gadawg58

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Do not want to make any Esoteric fans angry but what do you all think about the time interval between updates?

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
This is quite a useful document about the subject.

Conclusion: “Impedance matching of clock/cable/device matters only when using a square wave clock; it does not matter at all when using a sine wave clock.”
I read the article. It was interesting, but the UpTone author's recommendations were a bit more nuanced than your paraphrased conclusion. I think I'll stick with my equipment manufacturers' cable impedance specifications.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing