Esoteric N-05XD clock recommendation

tdx44

Feb 13, 2023
Hello all,

I'm very excited to be getting next week an Esoteric N-05XD. When I auditioned it it was connected to a Master clock which convinced me that having one really enhances the sound. The only issue is that the master clock that was used (Soulnote X3) is not available to buy in the US. So I've been trying to read up on other clocks I could add to the N-05XD. My budget is not unlimited, so I've narrowed it down to a few options:

- Esoteric G02/G02X or second hand Esoteric G01
- Mutec Ref10
- Cybershaft (not sure which one)

Out of all of these, which would you say is the best for the N-05XD? And if it's the Cybershaft, which model would be most suitable?

Thanks!

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I use a G-01x having previously used the G-01 which I can highly recommend. It really is like focusing a camera and it may make an even larger improvement than it did to my earlier K-01x
Good luck with whatever you choose

Reactions: tdx44

tdx44

Feb 13, 2023
Thank you very much i'll look into it. It might be out of my budget though but we'll see, might get lucky with a used unit...

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
It appears the Esoteric G-01x and G-02x have been discontinued. I only see the Grandioso master clock available in Esoteric official website.

tdx44

Feb 13, 2023
It appears the Esoteric G-01x and G-02x have been discontinued. I only see the Grandioso master clock available in Esoteric official website.
I saw that too. Right now i'm actually wondering if it would be better not to deal with clocks at all and instead get a Grimm MU1 server, which I heard sounds better than an external clock...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing