Esoteric to Bricasti?

vrac

May 9, 2018
Just wanted to update. Purchased a Bricasti M1S2 dac & M19 SACD transport. Only a week but thoroughly enjoying the music.
Amazing how fantastic CDs sound. SACDs are wonderful. DSD files and other high Rez formats play perfectly. Sound great. Listening to Herbie Hancock "Gershwin's World" SACD as I write this and loving it! Works flawlessly with the Innuos equipment (Linux OS). Very happy. Will try different I2S RJ45 cables between the dac and transport. IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0063.jpg IMG_0064.jpg

Cutlr7

Oct 17, 2023
Fairfax, VA
Just wanted to update. Purchased a Bricasti M1S2 dac & M19 SACD transport. Only a week but thoroughly enjoying the music.
Amazing how fantastic CDs sound. SACDs are wonderful. DSD files and other high Rez formats play perfectly. Sound great. Listening to Herbie Hancock "Gershwin's World" SACD as I write this and loving it! Works flawlessly with the Innuos equipment (Linux OS). Very happy. Will try different I2S RJ45 cables between the dac and transport. View attachment 127058 View attachment 127059 View attachment 127060
Beautiful rig….i want to get an m19 in my rig this year

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Amazing how fantastic CDs sound. SACDs are wonderful. DSD files and other high Rez formats play perfectly. Sound great. Listening to Herbie Hancock "Gershwin's World" SACD as I write this and loving it! Works flawlessly with the Innuos equipment (Linux OS). Very happy. Will try different I2S RJ45 cables between the dac and transport. View attachment 127058 View attachment 127059 View attachment 127060
Shameless plug. Wouldn’t your system look and sound even better with a pair of Bricasti M32s sitting aside that rack?

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Hi @Macattack just curious why you are selling your M32's? A short while ago I brought in a new pair of M28's to compare to my M25 and even after 30 days of use going back to my M25 I preferred the M25. Had 2 other guys over and we went back and forth and the M25, in my system and to my ears, was the better amp. Yes, this was even strange to Brian of Bricasti. Personally was hoping the M28's would shine over my M25. Yes there were some things the M28's did better.
(Bricasti dealer disclaimer)

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Hi @Macattack just curious why you are selling your M32's? A short while ago I brought in a new pair of M28's to compare to my M25 and even after 30 days of use going back to my M25 I preferred the M25. Had 2 other guys over and we went back and forth and the M25, in my system and to my ears, was the better amp. Yes, this was even strange to Brian of Bricasti. Personally was hoping the M28's would shine over my M25. Yes there were some things the M28's did better.
(Bricasti dealer disclaimer)
I am moving to a European brand Pre/Mono Block combo. I have heard them driving my speakers and never heard anything as good since. A deal came up and my nervosa kicked in. Time will tell if they will sound better than my M32s in my room but that is the hobby.

I am a big fan of Bricasti, Brian Z and his entire team. Their factory is a fantastic space.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
I am a big fan of Bricasti, Brian Z and his entire team. Their factory is a fantastic space.
Couldn't agree more! I'm less than 30 minutes away. Got to actually watch them drill out a 2nd port on the back of my M12 so I now have dual ports, a LAN & IS2 connections. Wish you luck with your new gear.

Cutlr7

Oct 17, 2023
Fairfax, VA
I've had my Bricasti M1 Limited Gold DAC for seven years, and am considering upgrading it to the M1SE Series II (performed at the factory).I have had two upgrades of my DAC (both done quickly and very reasonably priced). Purchased M25 amp four years ago. Have an M20 preamplifier coming in shortly. Gear is built like a rock, upgrades are very reasonable, and customer service is top notch. I agree you should demo the DAC somehow to make sure it suits your ear. There was a review of the M1SE Series II in Future Audiophile this week.
Just picked up a used M20 and it's at the factory getting the new display put in and a good once over, can't wait to get it here and matched up with my M21....will make for a nice front end for the HT and my humble vinyl collection :).....

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Would like to hear your impressions of using the M21 direct (when not using vinyl) and then adding in the M20. This is something I'll have to try myself someday although with my M12. Enjoy ;)

Cutlr7

Oct 17, 2023
Fairfax, VA
Would like to hear your impressions of using the M21 direct (when not using vinyl) and then adding in the M20. This is something I'll have to try myself someday although with my M12. Enjoy ;)
Didn't have much choice as the M21 doesn't have analog inputs to run HT bypass (totally my miss lol).....all good!

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Here is my experience. I starting using my M21 via the Network input as a DAC/PRE and was very happy for a few years. Other Bricasti owners highly recommended I try the M20 which I did with Brian’s help. I was able to demo an M20 in my room. That showed no real changes to the sound. The M20 was invisible from an SQ standpoint. It did however, provide me with analog inputs. If you are looking to add vinyl/tape then it would be a viable pathway.

I found I needed to add higher end PreAmps in order to gain an SQ uptick. They were a VAC Master and an Esoteric Grandioso C02X preamps. I had both in my room and they each offered a depth and impact to my SQ. I ended up buying an Esoteric Grandioso C1X Solo.

Cutlr7

Oct 17, 2023
Fairfax, VA
Here is my experience. I starting using my M21 via the Network input as a DAC/PRE and was very happy for a few years. Other Bricasti owners highly recommended I try the M20 which I did with Brian’s help. I was able to demo an M20 in my room. That showed no real changes to the sound. The M20 was invisible from an SQ standpoint. It did however, provide me with analog inputs. If you are looking to add vinyl/tape then it would be a viable pathway.

I found I needed to add higher end PreAmps in order to gain an SQ uptick. They were a VAC Master and an Esoteric Grandioso C02X preamps. I had both in my room and they each offered a depth and impact to my SQ. I ended up buying an Esoteric Grandioso C1X Solo.
At this point I am looking to add for convenience to have HT bypass and can integrate my vinyl into the main system....the VAC/Master and Esoteric are not in the budget right now....as I am saving for an M19....I would love to have those 32s you are selling, just not in the cards...and my family has a place in Myrtle too....do you take payment plans LOL :)

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
At this point I am looking to add for convenience to have HT bypass and can integrate my vinyl into the main system....the VAC/Master and Esoteric are not in the budget right now....as I am saving for an M19....I would love to have those 32s you are selling, just not in the cards...and my family has a place in Myrtle too....do you take payment plans LOL :)
Good luck.

Reactions: Cutlr7

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing