Esprit Cables

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Sure, I remember you initially talked about the power cord. As mentioned, our entire audio system is wired with Gaia, this means all components are connected with Gaia power cords. Also there are Gaia RCA and XLR interconnects and 3 meters speaker cables. The sound is phenomenal, least to say. The level of naturalness, 3D detail and realism is remarkable, and all this without a hint of, glare, edginess or brightness.
The reason why I am asking what the rest of your cables and components are, is because the "too much energy" you are experiencing with the Gaia power cables, could be caused by a limitation elsewhere in your audio system. Please no offence, I am just trying to give you ideas so you can find the best possible solution. I continue to recommend wiring all of your audio system with Gaia and see/hear what happens. I hope you can get a trial period for the cables, so you can properly evaluate them.
Hi Alex

Are you aware of any reviews of the Esprit PCs? I am in the process of evaluating the Esprit XLR and Speaker cables, but for whatever reason my dealer is not able to secure for me an Esprit PC for audition. I am using Shunyata PCs now between outlet and power conditioner and between power conditioner and integrated amp. Just trying to determine how far up the Esprit PC lineup I have to go to better what I have now.

Reactions: Hyperion

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi.
I’ve tested Crystal Davinci vs Esprit Gaia in my Tad C600 preamp and Siltech Ruby Mountain ii vs Esprit Eureka. I have already Gaia in my mono amps.
AE91410D-DE47-4DE3-9234-172C300D1053.jpeg
I’ve purchased Gaia for pre and Eureka for router LPS.
Ready to be picked up:
DD8836C3-F023-4651-96E3-68C4E898E5EE.jpeg

Reactions: ozy and Hyperion

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Could you please describe the sonic characters of the Esprit cables with what you have tested?

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
FWIW - The French Esprit website does have some review links, but reviews are in French.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Was offered 10% off for the full loom of Esprit (XLR, Speaker, and PC). So I pulled the trigger and had the dealer order them for me. Disappointed that I could not try the PC before purchase but I would be surprised if it does not beat the Shunyata Venom I have. Went for the modest Eterna lineup. Was able to audition the Beta XLR and the Kappa Speaker which gave me a taste of what the Esprit can offer, and I liked what I heard. As I understand the polarization models take a good long time to break in, so probably will be some time before I can post any useful comments.

Reactions: ozy

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
From Audio Exotics forum:

“Anton Bruckner was afraid of asking the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra to premier the Symphony No 7, which turned out to be his most successful ever. His stardom would vanish if the Vienna establishment did not endorse it. Indeed, the Vienna authority sneered it but it won the love of the public. The second movement of Symphony No.7 was played everywhere in memory of Bruckner after his death.
Richard of Esprit from France would like to know my opinion on his flagship creation - L’Esprit, which is above the existing pinnacle on the catalogue - Gaia. It has been increasingly difficult for me to evaluate in audiophile language ever since I met Aaron Kwok (Asia’s King of Dance) who co-wrote “Kwok’s 8 Principles” with me. It was published in April in Chinese language. I had not translated it into English version yet. I will do so soon when time permits.

The evaluation criteria goes beyond the conventional domain of imaging, soundstage, and mid range warmth etc. As technology progresses, our listening criteria must improve in tandem. For instance, diction of any vocalist must be clear regardless of image precision. The lyrics communicates musicality with the listener, whereas the holographic imaging satisfies the sensational aspect of listening, which is nice, but we should demand more. We focus more on communication amongst instrumental groups because physical separation of them does not speak musicality. We want to listen to the wholesomeness of the performance. Radiation of energy is also a new criteria for evaluation. Without energy penetrating through the body in a controlled manner, there is no musicality, especially the bass. When I met Stirling Trayle two years ago, he told me the same. Aaron told me the same from his decades of experiences performing on stage.
Under such new criteria, I do not want to amplify the merits of any cable in any system because it is the holistic management intelligence that matters. Against such context, the evaluation of a single power cable has become a very challenging job.
There are some very great power cables under my portfolio. This includes Argento FMR EE, Dalby’s Kyuko, Skogrand’s Stravinsky, and Ikigai’s Kangai S. Now comes the L’Esprit. I see each of them as essential ingredient in making a cuisine. The choice of cuisine dictates what ingredients to be deployed. From this perspective, the L’Esprit is the finest ingredient for the cuisine of Symphony. And I can tell Richard must be a symphonic lover even I had not talked with him ever before. Audiophiles usually concern smoothness of high frequency particularly on the violin. I rarely encounter them demanding triumph blasts of brass instruments such as horn and tubas.

The connection of the L’Esprit power cable from the Pranawire Cloud 9 AC distributor to the wall immediately required me to lower the gain of the Synaestec Igniculus phono stage from medium gain of 67db to low gain of 62db. All electronics are plugged into the JMF PCD 102 35th Anniversary Edition before going into the Cloud 9. In other words, the L’Esprit powers up the whole system. Everything is grounded to 2 x Tripoint Troy Elite NG. Ground cables include Kangai, FMR EEE and Dalby Kyuko.

After a week, I was totally engulfed by symphonic energy. I could easily follow the glorious, deeply felt beginning in C sharp minor for Wagner tubas and string. The appreciation of Bruckner Symphony No. 7 reached a new height. The 2nd movement transcends emotion timelessly. I understand gradually why the public chose to remember Bruckner by it. The music does not only praise God, it also exemplifies the serenity of conscience, the grandeur of Mother Nature, down to the pure joy of a countryman. The orchestra under Otto Klemperer pacifies my soul. It is a tremendous experience.
I also played the last session of Noye’s Fludde by Benjamin Britten. The children sang in unison to bless Noye’s final destination arrival. The character of the children is distinct and outspoken with different ascent. The voice of God remains thunderous and yet inviting. The grandeur of the whole act is enormous in energy heightening my emotions to share the joy of their safe arrival to the promised land. I didn’t feel like listening to a reference recording because I was actually watching a play traveled back in time.

Should I apply other top power cables in the same position, it has become slightly more difficult for me to discern the joy of children off boarding the boat and the inviting posture of the God towards the very end. There was no loss of resolution here. But I reckon the dramatic improvements come from differentiation of energy at the microscopic level such as the diction energy of different child, all the way to the macro level triumphed by the powerful organ and horns. The contrast in energy radiates musicality. That is phenomenal.
For symphonic cuisine, the L’Esprit is definitive. This is also a function of one’s understanding of music. I am learning everyday. Other top cables will perform well in other positions. I discourage drawing conclusions so easily by ABAB in the same position when all other things are held constant.

Aaron Kwok told me Divin Lab is for Symphony playback. It won’t show off its true potential by playing pop and rock music. If we don’t understand the strength of the system and choose the wrong music to test electronics/accessories/cables, the conclusions are meaningless. No system however high the price tag would play everything musically correct.

Richard, you don’t have to be afraid like Anton Bruckner before his premier of Symphony No.7, because I am sure many would endorse the L’Esprit power cable.

Chris Leung”

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I have all Esprit Eureka but the power cables.
Amazing how it raised the level here.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
From Audio Exotics forum:

“Anton Bruckner was afraid of asking the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra to premier the Symphony No 7, which turned out to be his most successful ever. His stardom would vanish if the Vienna establishment did not endorse it. Indeed, the Vienna authority sneered it but it won the love of the public. The second movement of Symphony No.7 was played everywhere in memory of Bruckner after his death.
Richard of Esprit from France would like to know my opinion on his flagship creation - L’Esprit, which is above the existing pinnacle on the catalogue - Gaia. It has been increasingly difficult for me to evaluate in audiophile language ever since I met Aaron Kwok (Asia’s King of Dance) who co-wrote “Kwok’s 8 Principles” with me. It was published in April in Chinese language. I had not translated it into English version yet. I will do so soon when time permits.

The evaluation criteria goes beyond the conventional domain of imaging, soundstage, and mid range warmth etc. As technology progresses, our listening criteria must improve in tandem. For instance, diction of any vocalist must be clear regardless of image precision. The lyrics communicates musicality with the listener, whereas the holographic imaging satisfies the sensational aspect of listening, which is nice, but we should demand more. We focus more on communication amongst instrumental groups because physical separation of them does not speak musicality. We want to listen to the wholesomeness of the performance. Radiation of energy is also a new criteria for evaluation. Without energy penetrating through the body in a controlled manner, there is no musicality, especially the bass. When I met Stirling Trayle two years ago, he told me the same. Aaron told me the same from his decades of experiences performing on stage.
Under such new criteria, I do not want to amplify the merits of any cable in any system because it is the holistic management intelligence that matters. Against such context, the evaluation of a single power cable has become a very challenging job.
There are some very great power cables under my portfolio. This includes Argento FMR EE, Dalby’s Kyuko, Skogrand’s Stravinsky, and Ikigai’s Kangai S. Now comes the L’Esprit. I see each of them as essential ingredient in making a cuisine. The choice of cuisine dictates what ingredients to be deployed. From this perspective, the L’Esprit is the finest ingredient for the cuisine of Symphony. And I can tell Richard must be a symphonic lover even I had not talked with him ever before. Audiophiles usually concern smoothness of high frequency particularly on the violin. I rarely encounter them demanding triumph blasts of brass instruments such as horn and tubas.

The connection of the L’Esprit power cable from the Pranawire Cloud 9 AC distributor to the wall immediately required me to lower the gain of the Synaestec Igniculus phono stage from medium gain of 67db to low gain of 62db. All electronics are plugged into the JMF PCD 102 35th Anniversary Edition before going into the Cloud 9. In other words, the L’Esprit powers up the whole system. Everything is grounded to 2 x Tripoint Troy Elite NG. Ground cables include Kangai, FMR EEE and Dalby Kyuko.

After a week, I was totally engulfed by symphonic energy. I could easily follow the glorious, deeply felt beginning in C sharp minor for Wagner tubas and string. The appreciation of Bruckner Symphony No. 7 reached a new height. The 2nd movement transcends emotion timelessly. I understand gradually why the public chose to remember Bruckner by it. The music does not only praise God, it also exemplifies the serenity of conscience, the grandeur of Mother Nature, down to the pure joy of a countryman. The orchestra under Otto Klemperer pacifies my soul. It is a tremendous experience.
I also played the last session of Noye’s Fludde by Benjamin Britten. The children sang in unison to bless Noye’s final destination arrival. The character of the children is distinct and outspoken with different ascent. The voice of God remains thunderous and yet inviting. The grandeur of the whole act is enormous in energy heightening my emotions to share the joy of their safe arrival to the promised land. I didn’t feel like listening to a reference recording because I was actually watching a play traveled back in time.

Should I apply other top power cables in the same position, it has become slightly more difficult for me to discern the joy of children off boarding the boat and the inviting posture of the God towards the very end. There was no loss of resolution here. But I reckon the dramatic improvements come from differentiation of energy at the microscopic level such as the diction energy of different child, all the way to the macro level triumphed by the powerful organ and horns. The contrast in energy radiates musicality. That is phenomenal.
For symphonic cuisine, the L’Esprit is definitive. This is also a function of one’s understanding of music. I am learning everyday. Other top cables will perform well in other positions. I discourage drawing conclusions so easily by ABAB in the same position when all other things are held constant.

Aaron Kwok told me Divin Lab is for Symphony playback. It won’t show off its true potential by playing pop and rock music. If we don’t understand the strength of the system and choose the wrong music to test electronics/accessories/cables, the conclusions are meaningless. No system however high the price tag would play everything musically correct.

Richard, you don’t have to be afraid like Anton Bruckner before his premier of Symphony No.7, because I am sure many would endorse the L’Esprit power cable.

Chris Leung”
It’s interesting you point out symphonic music with Esprit, because I noted during my recent audition of the Beta XLR and Kappa Speaker cable, just how good symphonic music sounded with them in place.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Back in business. Mix of Lumina and Eterna models ordered.

Last edited:

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Esprit Gaia - From zero hours, quick listen.

The first competition, Goebel Larcorde.

I don't listen to symphonic music, so this might not be an ideal candidate.

I will make an exception and compare against my reference concert grand!

Will it be too much to ask for the time being?

Attachments

• IMG_20220111_130907.jpg
    IMG_20220111_130907.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 16418793238896300845772247142666.jpg
    16418793238896300845772247142666.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: ozy and HK Panda

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK

Installed the full loom of Lumina PC and Eterna XLR, PC and Speaker Cables on Monday. Even with just 24 hours of break in I can hear some very nice timbre and naturalness in the music. I have read other describe this as a cohesiveness to the sound. Looking forward to post break in.

Reactions: ozy

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain

Hi Just.
Just listen it. If you can, in amplifier.
I had Gobel Lacode Statement power cords, USB and ethernet cable.
Forget about “symphonie” description….
Ir really rocks !!!

Last edited:

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Unfortunately, I do not have more with me to do so.

It so far has good deal of quietness fed into a Sound application distributor.

Definately more towards the neutral, Very balanced presetation.

I can surely imagine the excellent of clean and clear sound for orchestral pieces for the get go.

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
What I found most is that the Gaia has the ability to unravel each and every single sound clearly in own bubble of space with a most surgical like precision, as opposed to being sculptured out in the hands of an artist.

Upper mids and highs reminiscent to the Argento cables. Pure and exceedingly clear.

In a nutshell, it virtually makes all my recordings sound very impressively SACD/Hi-Rez like.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
What were you using prior to the Gaia?

What I found most is that the Gaia has the ability to unravel each and every single sound clearly in own bubble of space with a most surgical like precision, as opposed to being sculptured out in the hands of an artist.

Upper mids and highs reminiscent to the Argento cables. Pure and exceedingly clear.

In a nutshell, it virtually makes all my recordings sound very impressively SACD/Hi-Rez like.

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
I swapped out a Gobel PC and then a Nordost Valhalla 2.

Further listening Impressions....

Adding in the Esprit in either position/replacing either brings about this unmistakable different unique presentation.

I need to maybe revisit this with the new Shunyata Sigma v2 clock/digital cable which gave a similar result.

The Esprit gives a very high performance sound without doubt in terms of dynamic range, S/N and distortion easily picked up within seconds of any track.

Complex music is even more obvious, i.e Symphony.

Is is like having a good fruity pour over coffee where the distinct flavour notes of various fruits can be tasted in an extremely clean almost tea like profile which is very unlike the same beans roasted a tad darker and pulled as an expresso shot.

It is as if there is no intention house sound or musicality of the cable that the manufacturer intended, it neither sound lean or thin which has just enough to avoid being called that.

It is as if a music is presented through a lab grade microscope, not through a leica or Canon professional photographers lens.

The advantage of this low S/N and silence allows every minute sound, fixed in its own space allowing to be presented to your ears to pick up.

No matter how many sounds overlap, there is zero muddyness. I understand why is was compared to be excellent of orchestral music now.

Thus, naturally the mid and low range is presented with less heft and weight allowing the expression of exceptional seperation of every note.

Whether such extremely analytical presentation largely depends on the type of music and recordings or the intention is to have some blend in the sound of the recording engineer.

In lesser recordings, such blending may have been intended like in a nice dish, the chef may intentionally blend is some tang or sourness to balance and mask off some heat for the spices and chilli to create the perfect blend of flavours.

It has less openness and wide staging of the V2 and less showmanship and weight of the Goebel and bests them with precision and lack of almost any colour temperature, wither neither a sense of cold, cool, warm or hot.

The amount of information presented makes any thought of wondering or wanting to squeeze more out of the source material a thing that would no longer happen.

Imagine It's as if a woman standing in between the speakers, with every single piece of clothing gone, every blemish, wrinkle a d curves exposed....

The next level of cable I seek. Is the full course! :)

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone has experience of Skogrand vs Esprit cables?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing